Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Seniors appreciation

Chet

Rondo and Jeenathan both had really good senior years. It's too bad they couldn't make the tournament. Would love for both to stay with the team for their Covid years. Mballa and Jack probably want mulligans for their season. 

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Rondo and Jeenathan both had really good senior years. It's too bad they couldn't make the tournament. Would love for both to stay with the team for their Covid years. Mballa and Jack probably want mulligans for their season. 

Segu and Williams have both announced they are moving on. Jack is out of eligibility. 

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Any time a player plays pro ball anywhere is good for the program. Hopefully one day we crack the NBA. Until then, best of luck to Rondo. And thanks for the 4 years. Same to Williams and all our other seniors.

Feels like CJ might get a shot still. He's lighting it up in France.

Graves has flashed in the G League as well this year. He's in a good organization for quirky guards/wings (Murray, White, Walker, Primo).

We need to get a guy to the association to break the streak. Anyone know which MAC schools have longer NBA droughts than us?

16 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Such madness that some people were claiming during this season that he had regressed or underachieved in his time here. Couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe he'll beat the other guys to the Association. If not, it won't be for lack of effort.

I'll bite.

He was the HIGHEST RATED PROSPECT that ever came to UB as a freshman.   He was supposed to be the MAC POTY his senior year, but that didn't happen.  It just didn't.  Certainly he didn't really progress as much as expected on the defensive end at all.  A 4th year senior...I believe people expected more from him on the defensive side.

His free-throw shooting flatlined at 70% his last three years.

He is still one of the best players UB has ever had, but there was a hope that he could be the best.  That's where the underachieving part is coming from.  Also, there are some that felt, with better/different coaching, he could have reached even greater heights.

I hope he gets drafted and/or plays in the NBA.

Edited by UB92

I am one of those who thought and thinks that with the right coaching Williams can reach higher heights. But that’s a knock on Whitesell not Williams. Just look at Graves. I always thought Williams was a perfect nba caliber player bc he’s a 3 and D wing with length. Just a shame we couldn’t unlock that full potential. Wish him all the best. Break through!

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I am one of those who thought and thinks that with the right coaching Williams can reach higher heights. But that’s a knock on Whitesell not Williams. Just look at Graves. I always thought Williams was a perfect nba caliber player bc he’s a 3 and D wing with length. Just a shame we couldn’t unlock that full potential. Wish him all the best. Break through!

I think Williams has the best shot of any UB players to go pro even if he wasn’t the best UB player ever. Length, athleticism, and shooting ability.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Guy is a stud. Great showing in New Orleans in front of a ton of scouts I'm sure. Also saw a picture of most of the staff minus Whitesell there.

Whitesell was most likely on the recruiting trail. He was photographed in Canada doing work recently. I wonder if a good scouting circuit can get Williams some consideration for a later second round pick. Def see G League coming his way at the very least.