Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Skogman to the Portal

7 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

Can't say I blame him - showed a lot of promise this year and facing the prospect of many new faces on the team next year.  Might as well dip your toes in the water and see what happens, no harm in it.  Hoping he's back in a UB uniform this fall.

I don't blame him either...but certainly a punch to the gut...rebuilding the roster with him was a challenge, it just became a whole lot harder.

Shit. This possibility started creeping into my head during conference play, texted a couple people about it then. He could find a much more stable situation in a system that caters to his skills more than ours. I said Loyola at the time, but I think it could even be Big Ten. 😬

Edit: tried to shrink the screenshot, sorry

2127851637_Screenshot_20220328-200902_Messages2.thumb.jpg.d48ae31f1b823a3876f39a3666ace3b0.jpg.b01795499fd2c56461ba81e97507250a.jpg

Edited by MuchMany
resize

14 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I don't blame him either...but certainly a punch to the gut...rebuilding the roster with him was a challenge, it just became a whole lot harder.

It’s a full blown rebuild. We just lost our entire starting 5. Plus bench players. The question facing Whitesell and the staff is how do they attack the rebuild?

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It’s a full blown rebuild. We just lost our entire starting 5. Plus bench players. The question facing Whitesell and the staff is how do they attack the rebuild?

This is a big problem. Hard to recruit people in when you have your top returnee leaving and 0 starters. The big selling point now is immediate opportunity to play. There should be good players out there who want that, although I am far less optimistic now than an hour ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skrabukes said:

This is a big problem. Hard to recruit people in when you have your top returnee leaving and 0 starters. The big selling point now is immediate opportunity to play. There should be good players out there who want that, although I am far less optimistic now than an hour ago.

It’s a complete program reset. Blank canvas. Sad days since the women lost. 

41 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Shit. This possibility started creeping into my head during conference play, texted a couple people about it then. He could find a much more stable situation in a system that caters to his skills more than ours. I said Loyola at the time, but I think it could even be Big Ten. 😬

Edit: tried to shrink the screenshot, sorry

2127851637_Screenshot_20220328-200902_Messages2.thumb.jpg.d48ae31f1b823a3876f39a3666ace3b0.jpg.b01795499fd2c56461ba81e97507250a.jpg

Loyola Chicago might be the perfect match sadly. Play a slow pace half court offense that features a big man 

9 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Loyola Chicago might be the perfect match sadly. Play a slow pace half court offense that features a big man 

Plus the way he passes out of the post and draws double teams, he can generate offense. Also, if his 3-point shooting continues on the upward trajectory, he can be a very dangerous player. Just a shame we took the risk, put in the time to develop him and then we don't reap the benefits.

27 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Plus the way he passes out of the post and draws double teams, he can generate offense. Also, if his 3-point shooting continues on the upward trajectory, he can be a very dangerous player. Just a shame we took the risk, put in the time to develop him and then we don't reap the benefits.

Could always come back too

Ub is still a really good fit in my opinion as well

I imagine as a junior he wants to play, ub is a place he will play 100% for sure get a lot of minutes 

5 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Holding out hope for a return, like we saw with Marks/McDuffie who were wooed but saw UB was the best for their future.

If not, oof is right on. It would be the most impactful young, big man transfer since B.J. Walker. Or Roets in the 90's moving to D2 Gannon.

Roets live a floor below me our freshman year. He took up a lot of space in the elevator.

This absolute shocker is 100% on whitesell. Guy can’t even get the one fairly young experienced piece of talent to stay on our empty roster. This one is devastating for the morale of program and the last link to our good years. Even if he comes back, which I hope he does, it says a ton about the current state of UB basketball and our coach. He better start paying players to join this team (just joking)….