Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Skogman to the Portal

2 hours ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

He is not gone yet "Returning to Buffalo is still a possibility" He is not transferring down or laterally.  He a young man who wants to see if he can go to a power program and get more than one team into the big dance.  I would do the same if I was him.  As said by many on this thread and other welcome to college basketball 2022

Time will tell. He’s a stand up guy for saying that tbh. Wish him the best whatever it is. 

37 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

Time will tell. He’s a stand up guy for saying that tbh. Wish him the best whatever it is. 

It seems to me from the times I have heard him speak, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and very polite. I think he’s just seeing what’s out there. I don’t know that he’s “big timing” this. 

17 hours ago, UBminicre said:

I’ve said numerous times in different threads, whitesell def gets credit for holding the team around. Agreed it was unlikely all those guys stayed but they did. No doubt. 

However, there is a possibility that can’t be ignored… a guy like Skogman doesn’t want to play for him anymore. It’s certainly possible. Could be a combo of thinking he’s worth more and not wanting to play for a 100% rebuild. Anything is possible. It’s common for players to go into the portal as evidence by amount of players going in, but again the reason I find this one odd is because it was Skogman’s team now with unlimited minutes. I for one don’t think he will do much better then UB, so in my opinion if he goes to a lateral school or lower one, I think that will say a lot about his current relationship with Whitesell. Just my speculation - To be continued. 

I agree with you that whitesell should be gone, however I don’t think it’s fair to say he doesn’t want to play for him. As of now he’s the only UB player in the portal, and he’s one of 1,000 other players in the portal. He’s just exploring his opportunities.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bulls2684 said:

I agree with you that whitesell should be gone, however I don’t think it’s fair to say he doesn’t want to play for him. As of now he’s the only UB player in the portal, and he’s one of 1,000 other players in the portal. He’s just exploring his opportunities.

To be clear, I said it’s a possibility that shouldn’t be ignored. 

18 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Saw him working out with Mballa and a team manager the other day. Hopefully he sticks around 

Speaking of which. Has Mballa actually declared his intentions? Maybe he’s considering some additional seasoning due to his disappointing year.

48 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Speaking of which. Has Mballa actually declared his intentions? Maybe he’s considering some additional seasoning due to his disappointing year.

A mulligan for Mballa sounds like a tremendous idea for him. He made 2nd team all MAC, but his season was mostly underwhelming. I am sure he is weighing all of the options. 

7 minutes ago, Chet said:

I'd be surprised if Skogman leaves. I really would. I would honestly bet that he stays. Who wants to put $10 on it?

I think if Marquette or Wisconsin came calling he’s gone. I can see him leaving for other P5 schools. And I can see him coming back bc this is just testing the waters. 

How embarrassing is it for the player and how much is it a slap in our faces when a player post a long winded thank you good bye I’m entering the portal post, only to return to that school? 

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

I think if Marquette or Wisconsin came calling he’s gone. I can see him leaving for other P5 schools. And I can see him coming back bc this is just testing the waters. 

How embarrassing is it for the player and how much is it a slap in our faces when a player post a long winded thank you good bye I’m entering the portal post, only to return to that school? 

I agree with him possibly wanting to go to Marqutee or Wisconsin, but that seems unlikely. I would be shocked if he's not the absolute focus of our offense next year if he does return. I'm fine with players testing portal. It's the way it. Complaining about it is absolutely pointless. It like anything else in life......have to embrace change.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chet said:

I'd be surprised if Skogman leaves. I really would. I would honestly bet that he stays. Who wants to put $10 on it?

Pending clearinghouse approval (@BrooklynBull) I'll take that wager. 🤝

I just think he's too good not to end up at somewhere like Butler, Loyola, DePaul, Creighton, Northern Iowa, etc, even if he can't jump to the B1G. I'll happily pay $10 to be wrong though and have him stay! 

Wouldn't it be tremendous if Skogman comes back?? He flashed so much this season. I think he could be an all time great by the time he graduates.

I believe Skogman is in UB School of Management and the the school is accredited The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This prestigious accreditation is considered to be the hallmark of management education. Of more than 16,000 business schools worldwide, less than 5% are accredited by AACSB International. 

There are definitely strong reasons for him to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Kellen Grady had to leave Davidson last year because they didn’t have any grad programs for him to enroll in, so someone transferring there 3 years into school seems odd. Basketball wise it’s a good fit, Davidson loves their shooters. Wish him the best, and may he hand Bona some losses next year

• Like 1

A good example of a good basketball player and solid individual.  He appeared to have embraced the team and experience.  He  was highly rated out of high school and has developed more each year and expected to a central player for 2 more years.  I am not sure we will know the real reason that motivated this decision.  We are starting from scratch for next year. Hopefully our recruits from last year and still to be determined new players this year will collectively find some magic in a fluid MAC environment.  This is a challenge for the coaches and players 

Go bulls