Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Dyaisha Fair

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I would think as a coach it would be tough to see 10 years of work burned down in 2 days, but maybe I’m kidding myself 

It’s inevitable because the structure of the league. There is only a small handful of teams you want to retire from, thus all coaches are always in pursuit to get those top notch jobs. In order to get the best positions you must leave somewhere, and the fall out is a given. Plus she only needs to answer to the players she is leaving and for them she knows the talented ones have options which they are all pursuing too. Hate to say it, but your kidding yourself… 

Edited by UBminicre

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It’s an “upgrade” but she flirted with Baylor and South Carolina. I guess she can get more playing time and a better role at Cuse. And as already said…it’s familiar 

I would be shocked in the made the Dance. ACC had 8 teams this year (the previous year too I believe). It’s a tough conference. Can they crack that top 8 group? The regular season will be a gauntlet and it’s a mainly new team. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I would be shocked in the made the Dance. ACC had 8 teams this year (the previous year too I believe). It’s a tough conference. Can they crack that top 8 group? The regular season will be a gauntlet and it’s a mainly new team. Time will tell. 

It's not really a new team, 4 UB players, including stars know the system. I'm sure they'll be able to take other strong talent, added to what they took from us, and be solid. 

14 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It's not really a new team, 4 UB players, including stars know the system. I'm sure they'll be able to take other strong talent, added to what they took from us, and be solid. 

I understand that but it’s still a different stage they are playing on and ACC womens basketball is no joke. They will let Fair shoot 3-23, take Wooley out of the picture. They need a solid 3rd and 4th option. We will see what FLJ has up her sleeve. The love fest is nearing an end and now they need to get down to business. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

After all that she ends up at Cuse

The whole transfer portal can be a total rap shoot for all involved. It still comes down to who a player is listening to and in the final analysis I think a player has to be honest with theirselves. With all those top P5 teams I would think Fair was not going to get 30 plus minutes of playing time and be able to get 20 plus shots a game. Does the player want to risk sitting on the bench and playing minimal minutes just like a DeBerry at UCONN or try to find a team that you can contribute but still play some positive minutes. Who are you going to believe?? Friends,family, coaches?? Bottom line a player has to perform and help a team succeed.  

At some point, if a player truly believes they can play at the next level, they need to bet on themselves that they can earn a spot at the top programs. At South Carolina, Baylor, etc, Fair would have assuredly gotten plenty of playing time and had every opportunity to compete for a starting spot....which is exactly what she would need to do at the next level.

Additionally, this was an opportunity to play WITH some of the best players in the nation, instead of just playing against them. That would also go a long way to getting to the next level.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

31 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

At some point, if a player truly believes they can play at the next level, they need to bet on themselves that they can earn a spot at the top programs. At South Carolina, Baylor, etc, Fair would have assuredly gotten plenty of playing time and had every opportunity to compete for a starting spot....which is exactly what she would need to do at the next level.

Additionally, this was an opportunity to play WITH some of the best players in the nation, instead of just playing against them. That would also go a long way to getting to the next level.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

My same sentiments for you. This was posted on Twitter today. I know Fair is a very reserved player and person, emotion isn't her thing, but this picture is weird to me:

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

My same sentiments for you. This was posted on Twitter today. I know Fair is a very reserved player and person, emotion isn't her thing, but this picture is weird to me:

Agree. I have met Fair and talked to her on a couple of occasions and she was very quiet and really did not show much emotion. We seen her down at the MAC in Cleveland with her family and was really just the same. Everyone has so different type of personalities but that is what makes the world go around. Good luck to her and will be interesting to see if she gets the same kind of freedom as she had at UB. She should come up against more athletic and quick players in the ACC.

6 minutes ago, John said:

Agree. I have met Fair and talked to her on a couple of occasions and she was very quiet and really did not show much emotion. We seen her down at the MAC in Cleveland with her family and was really just the same. Everyone has so different type of personalities but that is what makes the world go around. Good luck to her and will be interesting to see if she gets the same kind of freedom as she had at UB. She should come up against more athletic and quick players in the ACC.

Luckily she is a good distributor as well. If she has better talent around her, she can pass as well as anyone if they are doubling her or whatever to disrupt her shooting. At UB sometimes she made great passes that were never converted due to the receiving end. I wish her luck as well. She will always be a Bull to me.