Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Dyaisha Fair

18 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Luckily she is a good distributor as well. If she has better talent around her, she can pass as well as anyone if they are doubling her or whatever to disrupt her shooting. At UB sometimes she made great passes that were never converted due to the receiving end. I wish her luck as well. She will always be a Bull to me.

I want our UB Ladies to go Dancing this year, that will make me feel the absolute best!

• Jeseph changed the title to Dyaisha Fair

So the report came out that Fair always intended to go to Syracuse, but wanted to take in "The Process". I guess a few free trips, some swag and rubbing elbows with the elite was fun. This system is so ridiculous. I personally would have kept that information to myself if that was the thought.

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

I wish her well. Won’t root for her. In fact I’ll continue to root against Syracuse and hope they go winless. 

I won’t root for coach Jack, Dyashia or any asst. coach or player who abandoned our commmunity. I paid to see them play basketball, enjoyed watching immensely, but now…Meh…who cares? Same goes for whichever team they went to after they left UB. GO BULLS.

Edited by 1975
Typo

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

So the report came out that Fair always intended to go to Syracuse, but wanted to take in "The Process". I guess a few free trips, some swag and rubbing elbows with the elite was fun. This system is so ridiculous. I personally would have kept that information to myself if that was the thought.

She says that now but if Dawn Staley offered her the playing time and shots FLJ was giving her, I have a hard time believing that she wouldn’t choose USC

1 hour ago, rma said:

She says that now but if Dawn Staley offered her the playing time and shots FLJ was giving her, I have a hard time believing that she wouldn’t choose USC

She would have been a very good player surrounded by very good players and some great players at Baylor and USC. I think it would have elevated her game, but she would not be getting 20 shots and 35 minutes. At SU, she will be surrounded by Buffalo player, Wooley is good, but is still a bit raw, the other two are good players. SU may have some leftover good players. Haven't heard much about others coming in besides UB transfers. It should play out similar to last year at UB. I would expect her to average around 20 points, 3-4 rebounds, 4-5 assists, 1-2 steals a game, playing 30-35 a night. I would expect the defensive pressure to be tougher on her in the ACC, but hopefully Wooley improves and takes off some pressure and a couple others step up. We will see how it plays out.

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I think it's clever...FLJ talks about her "recommitting to her" in a time when so many players are decommitting via portal. Now when FLJ goes to talk to a star transfer or 5 star senior, she can say my star, Fair spent two years with me, then visited the best of the best, and she still felt this was family and the best place for her...and it will be for you too.

The tragic thing for me is the P5 (and/or every journalist in NY went to Syracuse) bias.

If kept Jack, Fair, Wooley, McEvans etc it wouldn't have made a blip. Put those pieces on Syracuse and there is a noticeable buzz. 

Is this on us? Do we need a cheerleader ADDW type that pumps up our teams?
Or is this just one of many growing straws that will ultimately break the G5 camel's back?

2 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

If kept Jack, Fair, Wooley, McEvans etc it wouldn't have made a blip. Put those pieces on Syracuse and there is a noticeable buzz. 

If they win: shows how good this team was and could compete in the ACC.

If they lose: shows how much of a talent gap there is between P5 and G5.

I think they'll be a .500 team at best this upcoming year. ACC is loaded.

15 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

The tragic thing for me is the P5 (and/or every journalist in NY went to Syracuse) bias.

Is this on us? Do we need a cheerleader ADDW type that pumps up our teams?
Or is this just one of many growing straws that will ultimately break the G5 camel's back?

There is only so much we as fans can do but winning does solve some of the exposure. The media is sometimes the biggest problem and the best solution. We have voiced our displeasure with the BN before. There were many instances where they did not even mention a game was scheduled and only on the day of a game ran any kind of story. I know many on this site said this is a Bills and Sabres town and the BN covers high school sports sometimes better than college sports. We will continue to push for better coverage and support our UB teams. Go Bulls!!!