Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Becky Burke named new UB WBB HC

ub2019

3 hours ago, rma said:

Positives: Appears to be a rising coach, wins everywhere she goes, conference coach of the year

Negatives: A lot of her players (7) portaled after this year, but then again who didn't. Her staff at USC...U(?) had two Louisville connections on it so might not get impressive resumes for assistant coaches.

She'll probably be gone in a year or two if she wins here based on her previous coaching record.

Here are the transfers, not a lot of production lost, but young players except 1. See if any want to follow. Harness was the 5th starter, she’s going to Marshall now. The other 4 starters are not in the portal. 1 is a senior from Australia, also a Fr, R-So, Jr. We will see what happens to any of those players.

Nevaeh Caldwell {FR} - No Stats

Takia Davis {FR} - 3.1ppg,2.2rpg
Tarah Harness {FR} (Marshall) - 8.2ppg, 2.9rpg
AC Markham {FR} - 1.4ppg, 1.0 rpg 
Dakota McCaughan {SO} - 2.5ppg, 1.7rpg
Hannah Robert {FR} (Pikeville) - 4.9ppg, 1.2rpg
Denijsha Wilson {GR} - 4.5ppg, 2.0rpg

67.2ppg avg
58.4ppg avg - Opponent Scoring 

3 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

She's got a big task in front of her, starting basically from scratch. Hopefully she can keep Camp, and the rest of the crew who haven't already bolted and then build big time from it. Like the men, lots of work to do!

I’m eager to see what Fair will do. 

12 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I’m not sure she will end up at SU. I kinda hope if she leaves it will be a much better team.

I agree. I think the delay in committing to SU like Woolley and Wilson did means she was waiting for the tourney to end and evaluating all of her options. She quite literally may get offers from Final 4 teams, and I think even FLJ will want Fair to do what’s in her best interest.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

Possible Transfer Portal offer to Skylar Treadwell, 6-1 Foward from Seton Hall. Didn't play much at SHU, but had good HS numbers and might be a depth add.

Lol depth. Anyone who comes in at this point can push to start. The roster is kinda depleted. 

So in the 24 hours she’s been coach she is recruiting height. Which is good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Are either of these reputable sources? Neither have a blue check mark. Also what inside knowledge of our program do they have? When our insiders here can’t even get info.

"Finch" is well connected in women's basketball. Broke the Joni Taylor to Texas A&M move first. Reported that FLJ was offered the PSU job before anybody else did, which was later confirmed by Jonah Bronstein.

The current Louisville HC and Tennessee Assistant Coach seem to think we made a really good choice. Could care less about the process at this point. There are probably 10,000 candidates you could talk to, but you have to trim somewhere, it's unreasonable to talk to every possible candidate even if you wanted to. The criteria laid out doesn't seem like a bad target for our program at our current level. We have a lot of holes to fill for sure, but this hire feels liked ADMA didn't want to do a full burndown and thinks Coach Burke can try to plateau a bit this coming year and bring in the talent to get us back to a top tier team the following. She feels like a good hire, seems to have energy, her age should be helpful in relating to the student athletes of today, she's a proven winner as a player and coach. I'm excited about it and am behind her, go get 'em coach!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UB2014 said:

I agree. I think the delay in committing to SU like Woolley and Wilson did means she was waiting for the tourney to end and evaluating all of her options. She quite literally may get offers from Final 4 teams, and I think even FLJ will want Fair to do what’s in her best interest.

I would think Fair is doing what all the transfers are doing in weighing their options. Will they be sold a pie in the sky sell where they can get a ton of playing time and then if they don’t succeed personally or team wise willl they look for greener pastures again and again. However these next few years turn out many fans will possibly just support their colllege’s athletic programs instead of becoming too enamored with individual players and coaches. Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, rma said:

Anybody recognize these people? They don’t look like her assistants at Upstate. Perhaps she’s hiring new assistants for the UB job?

Could that be Drew Landers sitting on the floor? Any chance Sharkey stays?