Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Becky Burke named new UB WBB HC

ub2019

6 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

She's also going to have a much stronger supporting cast at Buffalo, which would likely improve numbers against these better teams.

Wouldn't be surprised to see PG Rachael Rose come over from USC Upstate as well.

Agreed, I was kina thinking Rachael may be a today or tomorrow commit. I know everyone wants their own day in the sun. 

44 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

If nothing else, she brings the passion. I think the team is going to be very exciting to watch.

Do agree. Each and every coach has their own personality and temperament and has to be judged on their own merits. Coach Burke has her own passion and looks different than the Coach Jack passion and am looking forward to this new chapter of UB basketball. Any word on any potential coaching hires by Coach Burke?? Go Bulls!!!

3 hours ago, John said:

Do agree. Each and every coach has their own personality and temperament and has to be judged on their own merits. Coach Burke has her own passion and looks different than the Coach Jack passion and am looking forward to this new chapter of UB basketball. Any word on any potential coaching hires by Coach Burke?? Go Bulls!!!

Do agree. FLJ brought kinda a spiritual belief in one’s ability type passion. Coach Burke is bringing that rah rah type passion. Different than coach Jack but still energy and passion that you love to see.

Just thinking about this, I think this is only the second time that UB hired a current D1 head coach that wasn’t explicitly fired from their previous job. I might be missing somebody from Olympic sports, but nice to see that we’re moving up in that sense. 

21 hours ago, rma said:

Just thinking about this, I think this is only the second time that UB hired a current D1 head coach that wasn’t explicitly fired from their previous job. I might be missing somebody from Olympic sports, but nice to see that we’re moving up in that sense. 

Who was the first?

38 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Who was the first?

Stu Riddle, men’s soccer. He was at Western Michigan previously. Looking online I couldn’t find if his contract wasn’t renewed at WMU or if he sought out a new job, but regardless it does not seem like he was explicitly fired.

4 minutes ago, rma said:

Stu Riddle, men’s soccer. He was at Western Michigan previously. Looking online I couldn’t find if his contract wasn’t renewed at WMU or if he sought out a new job, but regardless it does not seem like he was explicitly fired.

I was trying to think of football or basketball, since you said you were not sure about olympic sports.

13 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We got a new BOOM! on Twitter from Coach Burke. That usually means a recruit should be announced soon!

If only our mens staff would tweet out stuff like this 😂😂 football and woman's basketball likes to share the excitement 

• Like 1

Coaching Staff Announced:

Wyatt Foust - Assistant Coach (Formerly Director of Basketball Operations @ Murray State)

Candyce Wheeler - Assistant Coach (Played at Louisville, NCAA Championship game with Coach Burke, Drafted into WNBA, Coming in with Coach Burke from USC Upstate)

Asia Dozier - Assistant Coach (Played at South Carolina, HC at Cardinal Newman in SC, won back-to-back Class 3A championships)

Erin Sinnott - Director of Basketball & Recruiting Operations (Played at Daemen, Intern at University of Minnesota)

Looks like a solid group for her to build the program with.

27 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Wyatt Foust - Assistant Coach (Formerly Director of Basketball Operations @ Murray State)

Candyce Wheeler - Assistant Coach (Played at Louisville, NCAA Championship game with Coach Burke, Drafted into WNBA, Coming in with Coach Burke from USC Upstate)

Asia Dozier - Assistant Coach (Played at South Carolina, HC at Cardinal Newman in SC, won back-to-back Class 3A championships)

Erin Sinnott - Director of Basketball & Recruiting Operations (Played at Daemen, Intern at University of Minnesota)

Agree.Coaches coming from winning programs like Louisville and South Carolina and some with recruiting experience and also Erin from our area with local contacts. Also singing another recruit who was Div 2 player of the year averaging 17 per game with good assist totals. Exciting to see a new chapter in Women’s basketball. Go Bulls!!!!

51 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

A lot of Kentucky flavor in the staff.  Wonder if there will be a big Derby Day party on May 7th.