Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Becky Burke named new UB WBB HC

ub2019

13 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

That sucks

College basketball and football is so hard to deal with right now. I wish I could turn everything off and just root for whomever shows up at the start of the season, but I just can’t seem to not check every day. I need therapy.

• Like 1

Good bye. Don’t wanna be here then see ya. It’s all gotten out of control. And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t mind the one time transfer rule and NIL and player rights. I’m all for that. Do I think there need to be tweaks, yes. But in being all for that…see ya. We will find players same way we lost them. Rant over.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Good bye. Don’t wanna be here then see ya. It’s all gotten out of control. And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t mind the one time transfer rule and NIL and player rights. I’m all for that. Do I think there need to be tweaks, yes. But in being all for that…see ya. We will find players same way we lost them. Rant over.

Maybe coach Burke is too intense or her practices are too hard.😃

9 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Would not be surprised.  Coach Staley had a long "talk" with her on the handshake line in the Bahamas.

Kinda like the "talk" that she had with Coach Jack right after the MAC Championship game.  I'd bet money that she was saying, I'm going, and I want you to go with me, during that hug.

Edited by ChubbyHubby

41 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Kinda like the "talk" that she had with Coach Jack right after the MAC Championship game.  I'd bet money that she was saying, I'm going, and I want you to go with me, during that hug.

Wouldn't either of those conversations be considered tampering? 🤣🤪😂

14 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Maybe coach Burke is too intense or her practices are too hard.😃

That is very possible especially when watching their practice. Only my opinion but Christie was a good role player but really lacked any quickness or court sense. What she lacked in athletic quickness she was able to compensate because of her overall size. I was not sure she fit the type of player Coach Burke needs in her uptempo style play. Good luck to Christie at her new venue. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

That is very possible especially when watching their practice. Only my opinion but Christie was a good role player but really lacked any quickness or court sense. What she lacked in athletic quickness she was able to compensate because of her overall size. I was not sure she fit the type of player Coach Burke needs in her uptempo style play. Good luck to Christie at her new venue. Go Bulls!!!

I see there are quite a few of foreign players on the tam and even the coach played in Sweden. She will fit in nicely.

50 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

And what Coach Jack's practices were for the old 6 on 6 half court women's basketball with two hand set hots?

I wouldn't think so, but I didn't attend practices. I do, however, think that some players may find it somehow hard to play at the same play for a new coach, even though the coach left. There is always that feeling that somehow you would be betraying Coach Jack and look for a fresh start instead. Best of luck to all of them. I think Wooley will be fine, I think Fair will be fine. The rest I'm not sure how they will end up in their new homes. Wooley, Hemphill and Fair contributed so much, it was always hard to tell what the other contributors could bring to the table or if they gave what they could beyond those 3. Role players transitioning to new teams with new roles is always a challenge.

One of the things I like about Burke's selections so far is that they come from winning pedigrees and seem to be aggressive offensive and defensive players. I think that will ultimately bode well in the MAC.

19 minutes ago, CTBullsfan said:

Taking a step down to go to Binghamton. Forced out as part of Coach Burke's desire to not do a rebuild? 

Hopefully she will do well there. Hard to say what she would have been at UB, but I’m of the camp she may not have been coach Burke’s type or player.

21 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Hopefully she will do well there. Hard to say what she would have been at UB, but I’m of the camp she may not have been coach Burke’s type or player.

I do agree. Both Christie and Wilson probably were not quick and athletic enough for how Coach Burke wants in her players. Again no knock on these former players who have positives in how they play. Good luck to them. Go bulls!!!