Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Becky Burke named new UB WBB HC

ub2019

54 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

Not a ton in the way of stats this past season, but at this point, a post is a post. If what we suspect about Burke's desired style of play is correct, I would assume only one of Johnson, Gaba and Salmons will see the floor at once with what should be a guard heavy, push the pace type of lineup.

Also, it looks like Salmons will have three years of eligibility. We could use at least a few holdovers after this upcoming seasons for continuity sake.

She averaged 4 minutes a game, took a total of 24 shots and her FGM/A = 62.5%. I suspect/hope she'll be an upgrade in the post.

15 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Ronni Nwora

https://ubbulls.com/news/2022/5/11/womens-basketball-burke-adds-local-standout-ronni-nwora.aspx

This might be the Boom player. Coming home after Georgia Tech and St. Louis. Should have 3, maybe 4 years left. Another post presence with local ties, always nice. This roster is rounding out nicely.

Interesting that she went to GT after high school. She was honorable mention all WNY her senior year. Tough to find much on her.

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Another Canadian import, incoming freshman building the future and really good size with some ballhandling skills. Looks like a solid pickup.Image

Just north of Montana border between Glacier National Park and Shelby, Montana (site of a world heavyweight boxing match),

2 hours ago, BasketBull said:

I don't care what the level of competition was, seven triple doubles and one quadruple double in one season is absolutely bonkers. I'm really excited to see what she can do at the college level.

The other thing I like is that the last 2 recruits are both 40%+ 3-point shooters.

Also, I think Hattie will be a matchup nightmare in the MAC.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

At this point I’m excited to see what coach Burke’s system will be like. I expected this team to be better later in the season rather than the beginning. Gonna take time to gel. But very exciting. 

Can’t question the quality of the players she is bringing in. Just need to bring it all together into her image. I think now that she has a team, she can get to work on the game plan.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Can’t question the quality of the players she is bringing in. Just need to bring it all together into her image. I think now that she has a team, she can get to work on the game plan.

Not an argument, just a couple differences of opinion…

Although I’d never say this aloud, my inner voice will continue to question their quality, until I actually see them play a game.  

Does her game plan really follow the abilities of the recruited players, or was that already in place first?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Does her game plan really follow the abilities of the recruited players, or was that already in place first?

I assume that she recruits players who will fit her system and the type of play she wants to see. That’s how you build a culture. She’s relatively young and inexperienced but this isn’t her first coaching gig. So I assume she has an idea in place. The benefit she had was that she is starting with a clean canvas.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

All the more reason why there should be excitement. And understanding of the growing pains. 

Do agree with the excitement level especially after Coach Jack left and took all our top players. Just have to wait and see how all these new players develop. Who could of forecast how good both Fair and especially Woolley would become. If McEvans did not have injury problems and if Christie would of improved and given solid minutes Woolley might not of seen many minutes at all. That is both the crazy and exciting aspect of college basketball. Go Bulls!!!

2 hours ago, John said:

Who could of forecast how good both Fair

No offense, but literally everybody knew Fair was going to be amazing at UB. She was highly recruited and instantly put up unbeatable numbers. Possibly the best/most coveted recruit UB has gotten in any sport.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rma said:

No offense, but literally everybody knew Fair was going to be amazing at UB. She was highly recruited and instantly put up unbeatable numbers. Possibly the best/most coveted recruit UB has gotten in any sport.

No doubt on that. I think Wooley’s potential was very high but for her to come in and put up the numbers she did in year one, especially on a team with a legit superstar was beyond expectation. They were a two headed monster that just needed a little more help from the supporting cast to be even better.