Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Becky Burke named new UB WBB HC

ub2019

18 hours ago, rma said:

No offense, but literally everybody knew Fair was going to be amazing at UB. She was highly recruited and instantly put up unbeatable numbers. Possibly the best/most coveted recruit UB has gotten in any sport.

No offense taken. Again we all can have a different opinion and perspective. I knew her track record but again there are players all over the landscape that have great success in their previous colleges but it does not always translate in their next team. I am so happy that it did turn out great for us with Fair and our family did not miss any of her home games and games in Cleveland. Just a great and exciting couple years. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, UBinMD said:

I love a good Boom!

Here Comes the Boom | Movie fanart | fanart.tv

image.jpeg.fbc767cdace47d1ecbdba72b38fa7072.jpeg

5’10” PG transfer from Temple. Really nice all around stats and seems like a distributor. Way to early to tell how the team will come together, but the roster top-to-bottom seems more talented. No direct replacements for Fair or Wooley that I see, but as a whole, they seem to have more potential. Time will tell.

A 5’10” PG could be a matchup problem in the MAC. One of her best games was against UNC so the bigger stage must not bother her.

I am excited to see this team play.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the social media post were made on Friday of the roster for next year.  Missing form the roster was Elea Gaba.  She is not listed on the roster for next year on the website, either.  I do not remember seeing any posts about her going into the transfer portal.  She is listed as a student, but that does not matter as there are multiple women who have transferred who are still listed as students at UB.

Really good article! I'm excited for the season. Looks like 2 returning players, Camp the most recent into the Portal, I was hoping she would stay, but I guess it wasn't a fit for her.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/college/ub-womens-basketball-begins-summer-workouts-with-new-roster-new-expectations/article_d4212d44-f401-11ec-b061-8bd31d5a33e3.html#tracking-source=home-sports

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Really good article! I'm excited for the season. Looks like 2 returning players, Camp the most recent into the Portal, I was hoping she would stay, but I guess it wasn't a fit for her.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/college/ub-womens-basketball-begins-summer-workouts-with-new-roster-new-expectations/article_d4212d44-f401-11ec-b061-8bd31d5a33e3.html#tracking-source=home-sports

Camp is good. She could have filled the void (somewhat) of Fair leaving. Oh well.

56 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Camp is good. She could have filled the void (somewhat) of Fair leaving. Oh well.

I’m guessing the players that left didn’t like the direction, concerned about the new competition (lots of quality players coming in), Burke’s style or maybe something completely different or personal. The world may never know.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, UBinMD said:

I’m guessing the players that left didn’t like the direction, concerned about the new competition (lots of quality players coming in), Burke’s style or maybe something completely different or personal. The world may never know.

When you come into a program, you have to hit the ground running. Waiting around to see who stays wastes time you could have spent building your team. Unless it's a player of Fair's caliber, you assume you have a blank slate.

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

When you come into a program, you have to hit the ground running. Waiting around to see who stays wastes time you could have spent building your team. Unless it's a player of Fair's caliber, you assume you have a blank slate.

And carryover players with legitimate worry that they will be treated differently from players recruited by a new coach. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, dj_paige said:

May I ask if this BOOM thing is something Becky Burke invented; or is it some wider social media phenomenon that lots of people use? Because I have never heard of it before.

Not 100% sure, but it's something she has done since arriving. Not sure if it was a SC Upstate thing she did or not. That was the first I saw it.