Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Armoni Foster


Recommended Posts

Looks like a good scoring 6'4" guard on a D2 team from Pennsylvania.  He heard from a bunch of D1 teams including Alabama, Missouri, and St. Bonaventure.  I think he has one year of eligibility left?

 

https://theportalreport.com/2022/04/08/iup-d2-transfer-g-armoni-foster-hears-from-alabama-18-other-d1s-transfer-portal-armoni-foster-alabama-basketball-missour-basketball-college-basketball-transfer-portal/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

D2 all-American. Had 13 points on 9 shots in an exhibition against Illinois this year. Had 28 points on 20 shots in an exhibition against Elon 2 years ago.

 

I don’t really know what to expect for this team but I think Foster and Adams have all-conference potential this year. If we get Givance who has been all-MVC we could have a solid amount of talent. Not that talent guarantees us anything lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
D2 transfer who was getting a ton of attention from d1 programs. St Bona, Alabama, Missouri and Coastal. Even heard Cuse had some interest. Was in contention for D2 POTY, averaged 19.8 ppg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Lotta guards now on the roster. Which I don’t think is a bad thing. But you know kids these days, how will they all eat?

My assumption under current roster construction is that we will be playing with 3 guards a lot more and a big wing (Adams and maybe Mading?) at the 4. It would be more of a return to form of UB’s last ~10 years. I think Whitesell’s hand was forced with most of our best players ending up being forwards the last couple years. Individually they are good players but the fit was weird, for example Fagan was not dynamic enough to play the 3 like he did last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Lotta guards now on the roster. Which I don’t think is a bad thing. But you know kids these days, how will they all eat?

More 3 guard line ups, think ub will be going back to those line ups.

Hopefully means means more ball pressure on the defensive end too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Wait. Jim wasn’t tweeting as much as some on here expect. How could this happen? 😉

Foley seems to be the only coach who hints at commitments, that’s how I found out about this one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tee4three said:

More 3 guard line ups, think ub will be going back to those line ups.

Hopefully means means more ball pressure on the defensive end too

Jim likes the run and gun style of play. Which is exciting for recruits. I’m liking the transfers and commits we are getting so far. Just need to grab a big man or two. Possibly Williamson will play well this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Jim likes the run and gun style of play. Which is exciting for recruits. I’m liking the transfers and commits we are getting so far. Just need to grab a big man or two. Possibly Williamson will play well this year

I was getting worried what kind of team we would see next season

Lot of new faces but its gonna be an entertaining team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Lotta guards now on the roster. Which I don’t think is a bad thing. But you know kids these days, how will they all eat?

Hopefully with a knife, fork and a spoon, or at least with a knife and a spork.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to put a little perspective on expected performance - here is a comparable list of D2 transfers to leagues / teams similar to MAC/Buffalo. 

image.thumb.png.b4699bef777211013a33366080857f62.png

Upper end looks to be about 10ppg, but certainly a lot of evidence he will be a solid add. Comes from a winning program - so seems like a solid pick up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Trying to put a little perspective on expected performance - here is a comparable list of D2 transfers to leagues / teams similar to MAC/Buffalo. 

image.thumb.png.b4699bef777211013a33366080857f62.png

Upper end looks to be about 10ppg, but certainly a lot of evidence he will be a solid add. Comes from a winning program - so seems like a solid pick up.

JT Shumate averaged 14.4 PPG in D2 then 11.3 PPG year one at Toledo. Granted he’s a forward, but my hypothesis with no backing evidence would be that it’s an easier transition as a guard. I’d think the physicality + athleticism gap is bigger in big men

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

JT Shumate averaged 14.4 PPG in D2 then 11.3 PPG year one at Toledo. Granted he’s a forward, but my hypothesis with no backing evidence would be that it’s an easier transition as a guard. I’d think the physicality + athleticism gap is bigger in big men

I am not making any predictions regarding Foster's upcoming year - I had a hard enough time projecting Mballa and Jack last year.  If Foster is the starting PG, maybe his production is double digits per game scoring.  That is not out of the realm of possibilities, so you may be right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Talk about coming out of nowhere. Anyone got the scoop on him?

He wasn't out of nowhere. We were talking about him a few weeks ago. I think around the same time Ohio was landing their 4 star guys, we were looking at D2 players with 1 year of eligibility. The 26% from three is worrisome, reminds me a lot of Jack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Erie County said:

He wasn't out of nowhere. We were talking about him a few weeks ago. I think around the same time Ohio was landing their 4 star guys, we were looking at D2 players with 1 year of eligibility. The 26% from three is worrisome, reminds me a lot of Jack

Simple meant that there was no chatter on the boards about him. Unless I missed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Wait. Jim wasn’t tweeting as much as some on here expect. How could this happen? 😉

Again, we never said they weren't doing anything. We just called out that they aren't active on sm because they aren't.

But you continue making snarky, a$$hole comments if it makes you feel better about yourself. Whole lotta that going on in here these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not blown away by the kid's video but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if the majors were actively pursuing him. He seems to have a pretty good handle but I am also a bit concerned about 3pt%. Does anyone know anything about his defense? Do we have stats on steals, blocks, etc..?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...