Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Josiah Freeman (2020 SG)

BasketBull

3 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

He sure is putting up some big point totals as he is getting more chances.  I watched a Paul VI games and he had very fee shot options

I would imagine any D-1 basketball commit added to a regular high school basketball team, would be able to put up huge numbers against another regular high school basketball team. While I don't know anything about his new school, I'd wager that he was by far the most talented and likely the biggest guy on the floor for either team. Picture adding him to a local school like Hamburg or Sweet Home and think of the difference he would make to that team instantly, as opposed to the basketball factory that he came from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I would imagine any D-1 basketball commit added to a regular high school basketball team, would be able to put up huge numbers against another regular high school basketball team. While I don't know anything about his new school, I'd wager that he was by far the most talented and likely the biggest guy on the floor for either team. Picture adding him to a local school like Hamburg or Sweet Home and think of the difference he would make to that team instantly, as opposed to the basketball factory that he came from.

I wasn't saying I was surprised he was performing well.  I was just observing now that offense offers him opportunity which he was not getting on regular basis at Paul VI, his ability is more apparent.

10 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I wasn't saying I was surprised he was performing well.  I was just observing now that offense offers him opportunity which he was not getting on regular basis at Paul VI, his ability is more apparent.

The whole thing is really weird to me. Regardless, I hope that he does well and does even better when he sets foot on UB's campus.

This is a strange situation but could really be as much as he is more of a spare part on his current team and wants to finish high school playing with his friends.

Potentially giving himself and his friends a memory that will last forever

Hopefully its something like this rather something serious

Edited by Tee4three

33 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

This is a strange situation but could really be as much as he is more of a spare part on his current team and wants to finish high school playing with his friends.

Potentially giving himself and his friends a memory that will last forever

Hopefully its something like this rather something serious

The weird part to me is the fact that he played all season for one team, then transfers to another school and without playing all year for them (or practicing) is allowed to play in their playoffs. That state's rules are far different than ours would be around here, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

I haven’t watched him at either school.  But, I wonder if it isn’t the level of recent opponents defense that gives him the opportunity. ?!

I watched only one Paul VI game and most of the touches on offense went to Trevor Keels (Junior 5star recruit) and Jeremy Roach (Duke).  I know earlier in the year he was putting up some good numbers with Paul VI, but that one game he was under utilized.  So not surprisingly, he is now the star of his team getting a lot more touches and performing like he should.

27 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

The weird part to me is the fact that he played all season for one team, then transfers to another school and without playing all year for them (or practicing) is allowed to play in their playoffs. That state's rules are far different than ours would be around here, that's for sure.

Yeah, doesn't seem right to the other teams in the league/ kinda sucks for that 7th seed that played them in round 1 ha

It does sound like he enrolled earlier and even played a game before they had to forfeit the game due to him having played to many regular season games

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

Gotcha.  My first read left me wondering if they ran a tactically different system. 

He was just on a stacked team playing behind a 5 star and a very highly rated 4 star. Hopefully this helps him build some more confidence and swagger for when he’s with us next year