Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Hockey at BInghamton

Binghamton s considering added men's ice and women's field hockey.  Their president (who was at onetime at UB as Dean of the Engineering School and acting Provost) is delusional if he thinks success at the club level in collegiate hockey means you will do well at the Division I level.  The gap in ability is astronomical.

https://www.binghamton.edu/news/president/3689/summer-2022

• 4 months later...

No for UB Bulls hockey it is too costly. The Stockton Thunder AHL hockey team moved to Canada because the city of Stockton, California choose Stockton Kings NBA G League instead because the city said it cost $5,000 a month to keep ice for the Stockton Thunder and refused to renew their lease at the Stockton Arena. No thank you for hockey ever at UB. We have more pressing needs like a new UB football scoreboard and fixing at the very least UB Stadium.

Plus I would rather put the money into the UB Bulls teams we already have. Hockey East is all that really matters in college hockey and they rejected both Niagara and Canisius hockey because of Buffalo being too far out of the Hockey East markets. So no if it isn’t Hockey East it isn’t worth the time of day. I want to see the best not 1,000 Buffalo fans at a 2,000 seat rink a complete waste of money and time. Buffalo can’t stand Canisius and Niagara hockey not being Hockey East professional caliber level it is like UB Basketball being stuck in the MAC over a power 6 basketball conference.

If UB Bulls basketball announced tomorrow they have joined the Big East Conference in basketball there would be no UB Bulls basketball tickets available at UB Alumni Arena. I think it would take less than an hour to sell 6,000 season tickets. You would get the professional sports crowd because you would have a Bob Huggins caliber coach that would stay at UB to maintain excellent. Few want mid major in Buffalo that has always been the elephant in the room. That is the way Buffalo rolls it is never changing it is what it is. Besides we just got professional hockey back in Buffalo with the Buffalo Sabres after 12 years of just pure unwatchable garbage hockey at Key Bank Center in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up