Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cole Snyder named starting QB

2 hours ago, ubbulls98 said:

Do we like??  Was kind of excited to see was Case could've brought to the table.

Considering the coach was on record last week as saying they'd make an announcement on Tuesday, the fact it took till Thursday allows me to infer that it was a very close decision.  I'd assume Case was 2nd choice, considering the reps he got in practice.  Thus, I would expect Snyder to be on a shorter leash than typical.  Heck...if I remember correctly...our Iowa State (??) transfer QB didn't last a half, so Case may get his shot.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, clodney said:

I don't like that the playcalling has been centered on throws to the outside but it doesn't appear as though Cole can consistently hit receivers downfield. He's a competitor, for sure, but he's been extremely one dimensional so far.

I would like to see Mangas and the TEs a little more involved over the middle. should help free up the run game and the WRs. Also, Cook on some more screen passes would be a good compliment too. I think our general offense has been a bit predictable, which makes it hard for the QB to look efficient. Should have 3-4 options on every play. Not sure if they are there and he's not utilizing 2, 3 or 4 much yet or that are calling a play and trying to make it work. I like him so far, just needs a little more consistency and help with the play calling so his % goes up. No shame in 5-6 yard pass plays from time to time, especially on 1st down.

• Like 1