Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?

UB92

How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?

• 10 - 12. Ranked...heading to a nice bowl game; the coach gets national notice for the turnaround
    • 8 - 9. A strong turnaround from the 4-win season last year; in the fight to win the East
    • 6 - 7. An improvement, perhaps there is optimism looking to 2023?
    • 4 - 5. Maybe the turnover of players and coaches is taking longer than expected to gel
    • 0 - 3; Regular appearances in the Bottom 10; Is the coach the right guy for the job?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 04:01 PM

Let's get excited about UB Football and post about it regularly!!  Game threads, analysis, the whole 9 yards (or 10 yards...let's get a first down and keep the chains moving).

It is nostalgic to follow BCU's win at TBT, but let's focus on the now for UB athletics.  Basketball isn't until November 7th.

How many regular season wins (no MACC or Bowl game considerations) for our team this year?

New QB, new running game, new OL. Those are concerns as to how they will gel. We have very good WR, but can Snyder use them? Will the OL hold up for the running game and pass game.

Our DL should be a group of rock stars, solid LB. Lots of new, quality (on paper) players in the secondary.

This could be a really special team or it could be slightly better than last year. Saturday will be a good gauge as to where we are. Maryland isn't a top BIG10 team, but a BIG10 team nonetheless, so it should be a decent barometer as to how this group has come together.

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I think Mo recruited some decent players. But I have no idea.

I'm in that camp. The Bulls secondary was so horrible last year I'm still traumatized by it, Lol.  They couldn't tackle, they couldn't cover...it was not FBS caliber.

If Mo shored up that position group I can see them winning 5-6 games.   If DB's show up, and the new QB can show something special, maybe 7 wins.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, promotherobot said:

You don't think the short off season hampered them?

It definitely did so I obviously could be wrong (I hope I am) But I also think that it takes a couple years for a college coaching staff to get “their guys” and it also takes players a full year to really understand a new system, even at the NFL level. So if the program takes a big step up I think it will be 2023. The betting line is 5.5 wins, I think it is most likely that they end up at 5.

Edit: Just to add on. Even Lance went from 5-7 his first year to 2-10 his second year. 

Edited by SGBull

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

It definitely did so I obviously could be wrong (I hope I am) But I also think that it takes a couple years for a college coaching staff to get “their guys” and it also takes players a full year to really understand a new system, even at the NFL level. So if the program takes a big step up I think it will be 2023. The betting line is 5.5 wins, I think it is most likely that they end up at 5.

Edit: Just to add on. Even Lance went from 5-7 his first year to 2-10 his second year. 

Either way, this is really the first year for Mo. I don't count last year's chaotic short offseason. It's the same as people counting Don Granato's first coaching tenure with the Sabres when he takes over as the interim as "a year "

5 hours ago, SGBull said:

If Lance doesn't show improvement this year, Kansas probably hacks him because they are a nutty, unrealistic bunch. Their friends at Nebraska are unrealistic in the opposite direction. That won't happen here with Mo and I really like what he is building here. Hopefully he stays and hopefully our trajectory is strong.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

If Lance doesn't show improvement this year, Kansas probably hacks him because they are a nutty, unrealistic bunch. Their friends at Nebraska are unrealistic in the opposite direction. That won't happen here with Mo and I really like what he is building here. Hopefully he stays and hopefully our trajectory is strong.

It was the regression as the season went on that concerns me. Hopefully he got rid of the guys he wanted to and brought in HIS guys.

2 hours ago, Majortomxiii said:

It was the regression as the season went on that concerns me. Hopefully he got rid of the guys he wanted to and brought in HIS guys.

Agree on that for sure. I went to the ODU game, looked great. Fell apart, came back and finally won. I thought, ok good test, got a kick in the ass. We will be ok. Then each week was a little worse. Hopefully everyone is rowing in the same direction this year and they improve week to week.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

I second this.

Nope.  Have to view the season in its totality!

If we let people change their minds after the season started...

You make your decisions with the information you choose to consider at the time of the vote.  Whether you discounted one item at the expense of another...is a lesson learned.

It is like three games in Cleveland for basketball, can things start to come together for MAC play? I am assuming the CC is not going are way so we will be 0-3. The MAC does not look great so if things come together and go 5-3 in the MAC and a win over UMASS, the HC game will be much easier to forgive. 
again all I have seen is regression since last Sep so my hopes are not high.

19 hours ago, UB92 said:

Nope.  Have to view the season in its totality!

If we let people change their minds after the season started...

You make your decisions with the information you choose to consider at the time of the vote.  Whether you discounted one item at the expense of another...is a lesson learned.

Something something illegal counting of votes something something. I want a redo lol