Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?

UB92

How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Regular Season Wins for UB Football?

• 10 - 12. Ranked...heading to a nice bowl game; the coach gets national notice for the turnaround
    • 8 - 9. A strong turnaround from the 4-win season last year; in the fight to win the East
    • 6 - 7. An improvement, perhaps there is optimism looking to 2023?
    • 4 - 5. Maybe the turnover of players and coaches is taking longer than expected to gel
    • 0 - 3; Regular appearances in the Bottom 10; Is the coach the right guy for the job?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 04:01 PM

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

Don't forget Lance had years like the one we're having right now...without a transfer portal to deal with.

Oh he definitely did, I mentioned that in my post above. There was just a lot of negative talk about him because he never won a MAC chip, but he is still a great coach.

53 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Oh he definitely did, I mentioned that in my post above. There was just a lot of negative talk about him because he never won a MAC chip, but he is still a great coach.

I wouldn’t go as far as great. Lance Leipold is a very good competent head coach but Joe Paterno, John McKay, Woody Hayes some of the great coaches of college football Lance Leipold is not not even close in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

35 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

UMass is on the schedule in a few weeks. If the Bulls don’t get a W in that one…. i have no comment.

If we don’t win that one, we might as well pack it in.

With the way this team has played so far, I get the sense we’re going to be in a lot of shootouts in MAC games. Can we get lucky and pick off a couple wins against some middle tier teams that people wouldn’t expect us to beat? I guess anything  is possible. But 3-9 looks like our ceiling right now.  

5 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

This will not make Coach Burke happy, Louisville.

The day before Halloween in 1948, the Bulls travelled to Louisville and won by a score of 48 - 19 (on homecoming, no less).  UB HOF QB Jules Licata led the Bulls to victory.

Two years later, the Bulls again travelled to Kentucky (what...no home and home?), and the Cardinals returned the favor beating UB by the exact same score they had lost two years earlier.

Next question:  The Bulls have a losing record against all current MAC teams...except for one.  Can you name that team?

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

The day before Halloween in 1948, the Bulls travelled to Louisville and won by a score of 48 - 19 (on homecoming, no less).  UB HOF QB Jules Licata led the Bulls to victory.

Two years later, the Bulls again travelled to Kentucky (what...no home and home?), and the Cardinals returned the favor beating UB by the exact same score they had lost two years earlier.

Next question:  The Bulls have a losing record against all current MAC teams...except for one.  Can you name that team?

Kent State, 14-13-0

The Bottom 10 came out today.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34631225/college-football-bottom-10-gets-royal-treatment-new-no-1

McGee called us "Bottom 10 regulars", but that is a bit harsh.  However, it tells us it hasn't been that long between our last Bottom 10 appearance and now.

We are at #9, but have a change to move up (down?) 

The lines for the MAC games this week are...high.

In five games we are at least 25 point underdogs:

Kentucky -25.5 vs NIU
Penn State -28 vs CMU
Liberty -29.5 vs Akron (yes...Liberty)
Miss. St -30 vs BGSU
UGA -45.5 vs Kent State

In looking at all of these games, I think Kent will cover that number.  Kent imploded a bit and Oklahoma beat them up on big plays, but they got very healthy against LIU.   45 is ALOT of points.  Even if Georgia rolls big 56 - 13, that's still a Kent St cover. 

I also think Akron shouldn't be getting that many points from Liberty.  The flames had two wins vs Southern Miss and UAB, but lost on a failed 2pt conversion at Wake last weekend at the end of the game.  Those things tend to linger and spill over.  I can see Liberty sleepwalk through that game.

The rest?  Who knows.  Heck...if you are a MAC fan, go with all the underdogs!

3 hours ago, zigo230 said:

I'm just amazed that 3 out of 4 out of conference games for Kent State are @Washington, @Oklahoma, @Georgia.  Are they funding a new stadium or something??

$5.2M

https://www.google.com/search?q=kent state and football and fuarantee games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

I didn’t research this much, but maybe there would be something about it in the school newspaper.  

The Kent State football experience is somewhere between a good Ohio HS and an FCS team.  

5 hours ago, UB92 said:

$5.2M

https://www.google.com/search?q=kent state and football and fuarantee games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

I didn’t research this much, but maybe there would be something about it in the school newspaper.  

The Kent State football experience is somewhere between a good Ohio HS and an FCS team.  

We should do the same. If you are going to start 0-3, grab $5 million 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, zigo230 said:

I'm just amazed that 3 out of 4 out of conference games for Kent State are @Washington, @Oklahoma, @Georgia.  Are they funding a new stadium or something??

They do this almost every year.  It is how they finance a lot of the rest of their athletics budget.

2021: Texas A&M< Iowa Maryland

2019: Arizona State, Auburn, Wisconsin

Next year: UCF, Arkansas, Fresno State

2024: Pitt, Tennessee, Penn State

Edited by BrooklynBull

9 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

They do this almost every year.  It is how they finance a lot of the rest of their athletics budget.

2021: Texas A&M< Iowa Maryland

2020: Arizona State, Auburn, Wisconsin

Next year: UCF, Arkansas, Fresno State

2024: Pitt, Tennessee, Penn State

This list is interesting.   They go to UCF and Fresno State, but I don't see any return game scheduled yet.  Perhaps this is a buy game for both UCF and Fresno.

If those are buy games (UCF and Fresno), it tells you a lot about where the MAC is at the moment.

I will also say that Kent State uses the money to likely finance some of the rest of their athletic budget.  Like, I am sure, most MAC teams, most of the funding for football comes from internal transfers.

Edited by UB92
typos