Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coastal Carolina 9-17-22

BrooklynBull

33 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Time to move on from Holy Cross.

Game is at 1:00 and is on ESPN+.

I considered flying down. I saw them at MD, thought I saw some good flashes. HC made me reconsider the trip. I will watch on TV and hope for the best. The offense has shown promise. Not sure where the hate for Snyder is coming from, he’s not perfect but certainly is not our main issue by any means. The defense, which I thought would be our best component is just not there yet. A converted lacrosse player turned QB completely decimated them and they never had any answers. Hoping for a bounce back. CC certainly had their hands full last week against someone they were supposed to walk over. Go Bulls!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubbulls98 said:

I have zero faith on Saturday.  It will probably be a close game, but 0 - 3 is in the future.  Hate to say it.

There is always a chance and people call me BSF it was taken when I came back so the new name negative. Each year is different the present UB Bulls players will determined where they want there season to be winners or quitters the choice is the teams to make. This is gut check time for this UB Bulls football team the easiest thing in the world to do is quit play out the string of games and run to the transfer portal like a quitter at the end of the season. It is gut check time for this UB Bulls football team in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go 

On 9/14/2022 at 6:12 AM, UBinMD said:

I considered flying down. I saw them at MD, thought I saw some good flashes. HC made me reconsider the trip. I will watch on TV and hope for the best. The offense has shown promise. Not sure where the hate for Snyder is coming from, he’s not perfect but certainly is not our main issue by any means. The defense, which I thought would be our best component is just not there yet. A converted lacrosse player turned QB completely decimated them and they never had any answers. Hoping for a bounce back. CC certainly had their hands full last week against someone they were supposed to walk over. Go Bulls!!

Yeah. I was there with you and agree. Lost a lot of enthusiasm watching them play.

• Like 1

UB opened, in some places, as a 20 point dog.  But there was a quick line movement and it has sort of settled in at around 13.5 and 14 points.

I think the initial line was based on both UB's sleepwalk (and ultimate loss) to HC and CCU's past exploits of being a ranked team.

One wild card is Snyder.  CCU let an FCS QB (albeit a 5th year player) throw for 403 yards, so as Snyder gets more and more comfortable with his WRs/TEs/RBs, there may be opportunities in the passing game that can keep us in the game.  The O/U is 59.5 and that seems low to me, especially if the weather is decent.

Last season the team regressed as the season went on.  I think this season, barring some major injuries, the team should improve as the season goes on.

The QB may not have a rocket arm but is capable of distributing the ball and the WR group includes some big play guys.  

The D was roasted at the end last week and the running QB had them chasing air on several plays.  But the big undoing was penalties.  Without some terrible ill-timed penalties, some of those Holy Cross drives get stuffed and maybe the game isn't close enough at the end to be in doubt.

Supposedly the Bulls have talent to be considered in the top half of the MAC.  It's up to the coaches to get them playing to their potential.  So far, from the head coach on down it's not been an impressive job of coaching them up.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, UB92 said:

UB opened, in some places, as a 20 point dog.  But there was a quick line movement and it has sort of settled in at around 13.5 and 14 points.

I like the Bulls to cover today,  maybe even win outright.  Who is Coastal Carolina this year?  They don't look all that great, and UB is highly motivated to play a solid, clean game.  I'm taking the glass half full approach for this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Majortomxiii said:

Nope not going to take it…

Doesn’t help when we get our 4th takeaway and then give it right back, then TD on the next play. Good job by McNulty thus far but UB needs to start getting it in the end zone. Go Bulls! 🤘

Edited by Bluebird96