Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

22-23 tickets

skrabukes

On 9/17/2022 at 8:25 PM, skrabukes said:

Has anyone received their ticket renewal package yet? I still have not and a couple of my friends have not either. The website still shows 21-22 tickets for basketball. We're 6 weeks out from the start of games. Are we going to games or shut down for covid this winter once again?

Did you call the ticket office? Always your best bet.

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

You gotta call. You will get an answer very quickly by calling.

As a general rule, you're absolutely right.

But it's also not much to ask for an athletic department at a school as large as UB to monitor it's main ticket office email and get in contact with the alumni/supporters whose interest and backing keep the place alive. Not to mention the original question of "where are our season packages" 40 days from the first home game.

• Like 1

The problem is that is fine for loyal UB Bulls fans like us we just automatically renew. But no way to run a major college Division I program. It is a sign people have been in jobs way too long. That is just New York State state jobs mentality that is why private schools will always have an advantage in NYS if everything funding wise is even. St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball are light years ahead of UB with NIL. And both Canisius and Niagara will pass UB basketball if they ever get new athletics centers for basketball. Which both are working on when does it happen who knows? It has nothing to do with UB Bulls alums or UB Bulls fans it is the state job mentality. One has a job forever until retirement regardless if they are go getters or not. Private business always has the advantage you get fired or no new contract extension ask the last Bonnies AD. They did not renew his contract because he didn’t raise enough in fund raising. FYI the Bonnies basketball were winning and good but the St Bonaventure Bonnies still didn’t renew there AD. That is having standards that is private business. UB Bulls athletics as much as I will always be a huge fan. I don’t expect much of UB athletics ever becoming big time because of NYS jobs in New York State good luck with being competitive in sales and effort it has been that way at UB forever even when Danny White was there. Of the four schools my rankings of business wise how well are they run 

1. Bonnies 

2. Bulls

3. Griffs

3. Purple Eagles 

in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just curious, could the schedule still not being complete be causing the delay.  Originally, I was thinking we add another home game non-D1) and an away game, but number of D1 teams who have not completed their OOC  is shrinking (about 50).  Would be a little disappointing, especially given known schedule is pretty good, but we are trending toward adding two non-D1 games to complete the schedule.

7 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

The problem is that is fine for loyal UB Bulls fans like us we just automatically renew. But no way to run a major college Division I program. It is a sign people have been in jobs way too long. That is just New York State state jobs mentality that is why private schools will always have an advantage in NYS if everything funding wise is even. St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball are light years ahead of UB with NIL. And both Canisius and Niagara will pass UB basketball if they ever get new athletics centers for basketball. Which both are working on when does it happen who knows? It has nothing to do with UB Bulls alums or UB Bulls fans it is the state job mentality. One has a job forever until retirement regardless if they are go getters or not. Private business always has the advantage you get fired or no new contract extension ask the last Bonnies AD. They did not renew his contract because he didn’t raise enough in fund raising. FYI the Bonnies basketball were winning and good but the St Bonaventure Bonnies still didn’t renew there AD. That is having standards that is private business. UB Bulls athletics as much as I will always be a huge fan. I don’t expect much of UB athletics ever becoming big time because of NYS jobs in New York State good luck with being competitive in sales and effort it has been that way at UB forever even when Danny White was there. Of the four schools my rankings of business wise how well are they run 

1. Bonnies 

2. Bulls

3. Griffs

3. Purple Eagles 

I have known every AD going back to Ed Muto, most of the coaches since the mid-1970s and many support staff people. I also know what you mean by a "state worker" mentality.  Not one person that I have ever met in UB Athletics has a "state worker" mentality.  Those people plus people in other departments of UB that I know and have work with also do not have that mentality.  They all realize that they are working for a university and are not state workers as you use the phrase.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, UB Horns Up said:

1. Bonnies 

2. Bulls

3. Griffs

3. Purple Eagles 

Bonaventure has one good program in their athletics department. The rest are more or less bottomfeeders.

As a school, Bonaventure is even worse. Right now the school is being propped up by online enrollment. UB is a top 40 public school in the nation.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 11:46 PM, rma said:

Bonaventure has one good program in their athletics department. The rest are more or less bottomfeeders.

As a school, Bonaventure is even worse. Right now the school is being propped up by online enrollment. UB is a top 40 public school in the nation.

The Bonnies are also the only thing to do in Olean.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:41 AM, dj_paige said:

I called the ticket office. They say the ticket renewals will be sent out by e-mail in the next 2 weeks. No paper mail (and probably no paper tickets, so much less time needed to get everyone's tickets to them).

We received our notice for season renewals and also we were told you can get paper tickets at an additional cost for people that don’t use the app and don’t have cell phones!! it is going to be interesting with all the turnover from both teams. Just the start of the next chapters for UB basketball. Go Bulls!!!

I am actually looking forward to both seasons and have prepared myself for some bumpy roads. I think Coach Burke will find success, but it may take a bit.

For MBB, I actually think we may be better than many may think. I loved what Williams and Segu brought to the table, but I think there may have been some complacency with the team as a whole looking to them to lead and do more than they could. Mballa did not have a great season. Skogman was a bright spot, but is now on to his next chapter. These guys and our returning guys can carve out a new identity. Maybe C. Jones becomes the leader of the pack, some of these other guys can be in charge of their own destiny.

I am going into both with an open mind and will give them both a long leash. Go Bull!!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:32 AM, BrooklynBull said:

I have known every AD going back to Ed Muto, most of the coaches since the mid-1970s and many support staff people. I also know what you mean by a "state worker" mentality.  Not one person that I have ever met in UB Athletics has a "state worker" mentality.  Those people plus people in other departments of UB that I know and have work with also do not have that mentality.  They all realize that they are working for a university and are not state workers as you use the phrase.

Well they need to market a lot better. UB Bulls haven’t sold a football game out since Syracuse Orange? When was that 2004 or something like that? There is zero excuse for that yes it is a state job mentality at UB Bulls athletics. Take some of that state and federal money away operate like a private school St Bonaventure Bonnies and things would change night and day with UB Bulls ticket sales. The Bonnies know how to market it is like the Buffalo Bills of basketball or like the Green Bay Packers. I am hardcore Bonnies fan as a Canisius College alum I might add because there is more positive Bills like energy down there with the Bonnies. You get caught up in it like it was a religious renewal old Buffalo experience for me personally. At least for me it was. I always followed the Bonnies basketball at the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium with Little Three basketball. I bought a replica 1970 Bob Lanier away Bonnies jersey #31 in the offseason the year the Bonnies were snubbed from the NCAA basketball tournament. It really bothered me the Bonnies were snubbed because of our Buffalo market size. I felt very Buffalo with a lot of pride with the Buffalo against everybody like the Buffalo Bills with the Bonnies basketball snubbed. It felt like I was a kid again putting on that Bonnies jersey growing up in Buffalo with the Buffalo Braves basketball it was very old Buffalo that was very appealing for me personally. It was just very powerful like I said like a religious up lifting old Buffalo experience. 

Even when UB Bulls basketball went on those great runs with Bobby Hurley and Nate Oats it was fun as a UB Bulls fan but it isn’t the same as the Bonnies under Mark Schmidt now. The Bonnies market like crazy and the Bonnies fans are more fun. UB alums take itself way too seriously with a state like mentality of no fun compared to Buffalo WNY mentality of fun like the Buffalo Bills with the Bonnies. I like the whole old Buffalo ways down there you feel liberated as a Buffalonian more relaxed you can have a good time from the very stressful New York State mentality it gets old 24/7/365 state, state and more state out of UB with the state excuses. The Bonnies basketball aren’t held back by that you can be yourself more Buffalonian like they have Captain Beer Man it just feels more Buffalo. I definitely fit in with the Bonnies fans there more because I don’t have to hear Buffalo Western New York is bad, New York State this and that all the time basically by some not all but some UB Bulls fans who are boring let go of the state think more Buffalo and Rochester like the Bonnies that would help sell tickets from a WNY prospective because after all we live in Western New York not New York City state zombie ville 24/7/365 New York City is the greatest blah, blah, blah and it isn’t even Halloween yet in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo