Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Danny White

skrabukes

Ok, now that he's been gone a long time, was this guy a genius or just incredibly lucky (or a bit of both)? 

Lance - now is 3-0 at perennial bottom feeder Kansas

FLJ - now at her alma mater Syracuse after taking UB to multiple NCAA bids including a sweet 16

Bobby, Nate - the first has been in the PAC 12 and brought in the second who is a coaching star who has been at the top of the SEC

I'm not sure which of those answers I'm going with from the above question, but damn, that's one impressive list of hires in the 3 "top $" sports at UB. Those 4 hires are Win, Win, Win, Win in my eyes. Lastly, I don't think we got nearly enough of a buyout for any one of them, although he was only around for one of those 4 when they were hired away.

• Like 2

He wasn’t good he inflated all the attendance numbers he wasn’t that good. He didn’t meet any of the luxury box goals they had to be cut in half and really didn’t get anything much done. He gave us a bad UB New York Bulls paragraph logo that didn’t sell much UB merchandise during those three years of New York Bulls foolishness. UB AD Allen Greene had more lasting community impact with the current popular three colors UB Bull Head Logo that was long lasting that sells lots of Bull Head merchandise. Danny “Mr Wonderful” White was a pompous wind bag that turned off the WNY community and almost brought down UB athletics with his lies and just being a jerk in general. 

UB Bulls football needs a new football stadium like San Diego State Aztecs a Group of 5 program like UB. Snapdragon Stadium for $310 million dollars in San Diego is what UB Bulls need in the next 10 years we need to figure out how to get it through fund raising. I would tie it to Buffalo low income housing needs for the city of Buffalo with the state of New York. I know the Buffalo Bills passed on the Perry’s Projects housing project we UB Bulls football should be in that conversation at Canalside downtown. We should also be in the conversation of low income housing for East Buffalo or Eastside of Buffalo whatever you want to call it tied into the Central Terminal also either one is good as long as UB Bulls gets a new football stadium I am good. I think tying the stadium into providing low income housing like San Diego State is the way to go for UB. Again it isn’t going to happen overnight but there is no long term future with UB Stadium. It is over 30 years old, outdated and I don’t believe Amherst is the long term answer to where this city is going in the future. UB North Campus I question putting anymore money there the campus is ugly in the middle of no where and outdated.

Tie the stadium to low income housing so that satisfies the state of New York. And use the 30,000 expandable stadium for concerts to increase UB athletics revenue. Look at Snapdragon stadium that is required to make UB Bulls football work here in Western New York. All chair back seating no more benches. A door that opens up as the team runs out on the field loaded with modern luxury accommodations that sports fans want today. UB Stadium is beyond saving and forget about on campus it is too isolated Amherst like the Bills in Orchard Park isolated. BSF isn’t wrong UB Stadium is too far gone it isn’t a modern facility to go forward with the UB Bulls football team can still practice at the UB field house. Knock down UB Stadium for UB campus parking that is needed in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

He hired coaches that won games. He hired coaches that under their leadership put Buffalo at the center of national attention in a positive way. He hired coaches that lacked scandal. I don’t care how he tinkers with branding or if he ignores the brand entirely as long as the programs are producing.

Danny White wasn’t a good AD he was a great one.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BasketBull said:

He hired coaches that won games. He hired coaches that under their leadership put Buffalo at the center of national attention in a positive way. He hired coaches that lacked scandal. I don’t care how he tinkers with branding or if he ignores the brand entirely as long as the programs are producing.

This is exactly it.  He talked the talk, and then walked the walk about UB being a destination program, a program to be proud of.  He wasn't okay with mediocrity, and it showed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BasketBull said:

Not sure why this topic is being debated. 

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

He brought success to UB, for sure.  He was an arrogant, A-Hole to those that were at UB before him, and to those that didn't have deep pockets.  Oh, and also to his... wait, I'll let BRJACR tell that story.  

I am not getting into another debate that will get me suspended again for another five plus years because some Danny White UB supporters are nuts living in a alternate reality of what is the truth about Danny White’s time at UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:15 AM, UB Horns Up said:

Look at Snapdragon stadium that is required to make UB Bulls football work here in Western New York. All chair back seating no more benches.

I won't debate much of your post, just because all of it has been said and done before. However all chair backs are terrible for college football. Student sections need to be benches at the very least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rma said:

I won't debate much of your post, just because all of it has been said and done before. However all chair backs are terrible for college football. Student sections need to be benches at the very least.

Just curious why the love of bleachers for the students? Cramming in as many as possible is not really an issue for us. 

1 hour ago, Majortomxiii said:

Just curious why the love of bleachers for the students? Cramming in as many as possible is not really an issue for us. 

Usually the first game or two of the year, the student turnout is pretty good to the point where students are put in the 300's. I doubt this is because somebody is counting people but more of an eye test of what the section can fit.

I've been to a couple stadiums where every seat is a seatback and the student sections seem to be much less tight, as you don't want to be the guy that is getting into your neighbor's pre-defined space, but also at the same time if the student section is standing nobody really needs all that space.

So yes, it's mostly about getting as much people in as possible.

On the chairbacks, the only ones at UB stadium that are good are the ones that are way out of my price range so I'd love if the seats that are bolted into the benches get removed. I have mostly praise for DW but this was one of his braniac ideas that sucked.

I don't have the numbers, and I doubt there are many that are publicly available at the UB Stadium scale, but I imagine benches are multiples cheaper than chairbacks. I'd rather that money go towards a better videoboard and better sight lines (no track).

2 hours ago, rma said:

Usually the first game or two of the year, the student turnout is pretty good to the point where students are put in the 300's. I doubt this is because somebody is counting people but more of an eye test of what the section can fit.

I've been to a couple stadiums where every seat is a seatback and the student sections seem to be much less tight, as you don't want to be the guy that is getting into your neighbor's pre-defined space, but also at the same time if the student section is standing nobody really needs all that space.

So yes, it's mostly about getting as much people in as possible.

On the chairbacks, the only ones at UB stadium that are good are the ones that are way out of my price range so I'd love if the seats that are bolted into the benches get removed. I have mostly praise for DW but this was one of his braniac ideas that sucked.

I don't have the numbers, and I doubt there are many that are publicly available at the UB Stadium scale, but I imagine benches are multiples cheaper than chairbacks. I'd rather that money go towards a better videoboard and better sight lines (no track).

I always wondered if these seats would have been more comfortable......

Seeing that a certain someone, "mis-informed" us.........way back when.

BJGwgkmCAAA7FeD.jpg