Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Rebuilding the Trenches

Sportsfan

How long will it take, 2, 3 years.  Or maybe, is it the schemes?

Statistics after 3 games are hard to explain, other than lack of talent or scheme.

1. Defense has give up 5.9 yards a carry against Maryland, Holy Cross and Coastal Carolina, and has 3 sacks and 11 TFL (opponents have 10 sacks and 23 TFL).    This isn't Ohio State, Penn State or Georgia as the opponents.
  2. Offensive has given up 10 sacks and averaging 2.9 yards per carry.  It was just a few years ago the Offensive didn't give up a single sack most of the season.  Again, this isn't Michigan, LSU and Alabama as the opponents the first 3 games.
  3. Outscored 61 to 23 in 2nd half.  This would point to talent gap and coaching adjustments.
Edited by Sportsfan

10 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I would venture to say that >50% of the sacks are Snyder's fault.  He holds the ball too long.  If the pocket is breaking down, throw it away.  In most cases, he's had plenty of time.

Or at least run around like Tyree did where blitzes turned into a 30 yard sack or a 50 yard touchdown to a wide open receiver.

Looking back in hindsight UB Bulls football should have hired 47 years Brian Polian who record below.

Nevada Wolfpack Mountain West Conference 

2013 4-8 5th

2014 7-6 3rd New Orleans Bowl Loss

2015 7-6 Tied for 2nd Arizona Bowl Win

2016 5-6 

Total 23-27 in four years at Nevada 

Bowl Record 1-1

I was against hiring Brian Polian because his record his father being the former Buffalo Bills GM and I saw his Nevada team come into UB Stadium I wasn’t really impressed. But after seeing how coaching challenged Maurice Linquist is .500 6-6 looks good. I was wrong on that call. Brian Polian has experience and was the safer choice for UB Bulls football because I think it is going to get really bad because Maurice Linquist and his coaching staff can’t judge talent. I don’t see really anything special outside of one or two players that Maurice Linquist and his coaching staff brought into the UB football program in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo