Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU 11/9

BRJACR75

Have to put the loss to Ohio behind them and get back to the winning ways at CMU on Wednesday.  It seems CMU is having a down year, so UB should be a slight favorite, however it is the last away game, midweek MACtion, so they still have to show up and take care of business.

As for the East Division, rooting interests: real simple

Of course, of most importance, UB has to win

Ideally....We're rooting for Ohio losses, SO we want Ohio to lose @Miami on Tuesday night.  Big Rivalry game for these two.  This would put Ohio again one game behind UB

Next...also on Tuesday, if Ohio wins, we next need Ball State to win @ Toledo.  Ball State is the next opponent for Ohio, and Ball State needs to stay in the West Division Race for them to have extra motivation when they take on Ohio.  By beating Toledo, they would have the West Division lead with the Head to Head Tiebreaker.  A Ball State loss eliminates them from contention.

Then, on Wednesday, we also need Bowling Green to stay in the MAC East race until their final game against Ohio.  UB, Ohio, and BG are all sitiing at 4-1.  So we need them to keep pace by beating Kent State at home.

Simply.....UB has to win.....Ohio needs to lose.....and Ohio's opponents have to continue to have something to play for when they end up facing Ohio in the weeks following.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Bowl Projection currently has UB playing Michigan St. in Detroit on 12/26 @ 2:30pm. Let's win out and make that happen. Would be a good matchup for recruiting! Go Bulls!

Only way that happens is if Eastern does not become bowl eligible.  They will always take one of the Michigan schools if eligible.  Right behind those three is Toledo.  Detroit is not exactly where you want to spend Christmas night, although I would.

2 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Only way that happens is if Eastern does not become bowl eligible.  They will always take one of the Michigan schools if eligible.  Right behind those three is Toledo.  Detroit is not exactly where you want to spend Christmas night, although I would.

I like the matchup more than location 🙂

9 minutes ago, TawJackson said:

CBS Sports has us projected into the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa against Syracuse. . . interesting. I have to believe the Orange would try to move heaven and earth to attempt to avoid making that match-up a reality.

Nightmare scenario for the Orange. Boeheim is on the phone right now helping Dino out of the situation. Imagine the mean things UB Football players say on the field.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have no solid predictions for this game at CMU, but i don't have a great feeling about.  UB was exposed last week at Ohio and the D reverted back to looking like last years unit.  CMU is pretty good at stopping the run and the Bulls couldn't run at all last week.  That has to change.   

Hope I'm wrong and the Bulls win big.

Edited by zigo230

4 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

I have no solid predictions for this game at CMU, but i don't have a great feeling about.  UB was exposed last week at Ohio and the D reverted back to looking like last years unit.  CMU is pretty good at stopping the run and the Bulls couldn't run at all last week.  That has to change.   

Hope I'm wrong and the Bulls win big.

I hope you are wrong too. I think we will win, but I think that may be based more on my desire for them to win that any actual facts I can point to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zigo230 said:

CMU is pretty good at stopping the run and the Bulls couldn't run at all last week. 

We don't hand the ball off. We just keep running those terrible read options with a QB who is not very fast or shifty. Snyder had 16 carries and only handed the ball off 12 times last week. I wish we'd just give it to the RB and mix up the blocking schemes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clodney said:

Snyder had 16 carries and only handed the ball off 12 times last week. I wish we'd just give it to the RB and mix up the blocking schemes.

Six of Snyder’s carries were sacks (hate that sacks count against rushing stats in CFB), but I agree with your point. Ten carries is still more than any of our RBs had. vs Ohio. I’d like to see more of Henderson and have Washington get 15+ per game. And use Cook more in the short passing game with his shiftiness.