Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU 11/9

BRJACR75

7 minutes ago, Erie County said:

WIth the game on the line, UB ran up the middle three times. In a 2 minute drill.

Embarrassing. 

Get a quarterback immediately 

I find it strange that not a single pass has been attempted by any other QB this season. Not even in one of the easier wins like UMass or BG. I’m no football coach, but weren't those the kind of games to at least get someone else some game reps?

Edited by Bluebird96

That is a bad and deflating loss. 

I know that we had that in the HC game, but rallied after that.  However, we don’t seem to be as good as we were during the win streak.  

We are just not that good. 

Akron is NOT a pushover and if we think they are, it will be a competitive game.  

we have some talent at WR but really have no one to deliver the ball on a consistent basis.  

Considering the way we were not able to run the ball in the second half, maybe it is time to consider players Myers for some series as a change of pace.  

• Like 1

That was epic, in a pathetic disgusting way.  First half, they knocked that defense off the line, opened holes, and controlled the line of scrimmage.  Second half, they didn't.  Second half, plain and simple, CMU was playing harder.  That call to go for it on 4th, at your own 38 yard line with 13 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, was so idiotic it's beyond comprehension.  Cole was terrible today.  They stopped playing intense, and got out worked and out played second half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Akron is the worst team in D1. If they lose that, bags are packing

Just imagine, Akron has 10 days to game plan for a team that’s reeling. Nothing would shock me at this point. We find a way to lose that one, and we’ll be the laughingstock of the MAC. You’d think that would be enough motivation to play a complete 4 quarters and “FINISH” as Coach likes to preach. 

25 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Been a rough week if you’re a Bulls, Bills and Sabres fan like myself.  Six straight L’s and counting. This one tonight was the rug getting pulled out. Just brutal.

It is embarrassing and sadly 100% of this is on UB Blue and White Donors that make excuses for this crap for decades they all need to go. We need new leadership at UB with a new membership leadership council. UB Blue and White needs to completely be shutdown rename it with all new leaders without people having ever gone to UB. Why BSF? Because there something in the water at UB where alums becomes stupid when it comes to running a sports business. I want people that went to Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State on our leadership council that will do whatever it takes to win. UB Blue and White Donors excuse everything stupid UB AD Mark Alnutt does. There is always always an excuse when it is unexplainable from UB Blue and White. Not having hats, merchandise for the UB Bulls Throwback for holiday season is beyond dumb it is idiotic. Extending a losing football coach is idiotic we are bidding against ourselves for a sucky football coach? Why? We did the same for a sucky basketball coach and gave unlimited power to an idiotic athletics director. Why? What has never changed? UB Blue and White Donors they created this stupidity they need to go first. Because I don’t trust anyone associated with UB Blue and White. They aren’t UB fans for winning and there just there to relive there school days golfing and stuffing themselves with food and drink. While you and I had to wait two decades before these jokers allowed beer to be sold at UB football and basketball games that was a crusher from day one when this program was started. It turned off a lot of Buffalo Bills fans alone with that awful UB stadium. They don’t understand this is major college sports decisions matter like that again they don’t care because they got there’s. UB Blue and White need to go. If your answer is everything is great you are part of the problem not the solution. I think UB needs to buy some of the ECC South school that is going to close create a UB campus off campus for the UB football players to attend school in Orchard Park through zoom and play full time at the new Bills stadium. UB students don’t support this program and there is no funding or any realistic plan with funding shoval ready for UB Stadium in the next five years so UB Bulls football needs to join the Bills where Bulls fans don’t need to deal with UB school rules. Move just the UB football players out to Orchard Park on the Buffalo Bills stadium campus like the Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Panthers set up. I have given up on growing anything at UB stadium for UB football team in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I lost count of how many times I kept saying at the TV, "play-action pass!"  I agree with the poster on a different thread who said the execution of the RPO's wasn't working, it didn't freeze anyone.  Offensive execution, tackling, blocking, all fell apart second half.  And the coaches looked like deer in headlights - like the whole thing was falling apart around them and they had no way to mitigate it.  I've liked what Snyder has done most of the year but the past two games he's been too erratic.  When CMU started shutting down the run, we needed to be able to pass, and couldn't.

• Like 1

Don't forget about our linemen. They were absolutely pathetic on both sides of the ball. Our DLine only accounted for 7 tackles on a day where the other team ran the ball 36x. People always love to brag about Patterson and Dolac's tackles per game but that only happens because our linemen can't tackle for $hit. And on the other side the OLine gave our receivers absolutely no time to get open and every downfield pass was subsequently thrown too early. OT#74 in particular was burned about 100x by the DE. It was amateur hour in the trenches once again and very similar to the Ohio game.

I'm souring on Mo after some of the decision making yesterday. We sucked the life out of CMU up until they finally get a score to make it 24-14. On the ensuing possession we decide to go for it on 4th and 3 at our own 36... Why? I'm fine being aggressive on 4th downs when you're up but when you have a big lead you don't let the other team off the mat.

It was just an incredibly disappointing game. I thought we'd come back to life after looking like crap against Ohio but that second half was the worst display of UB football I've seen in quite a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubbulls98 said:

This all started with he went for it on 4th and 3 at their 35 yard line.  

*when

He seriously owes us (not to mention the team) an explanation for that decision. That, combined with CMU taking their first play of the half to the house the drive before, couldn't have been more crushing. 

1 hour ago, clodney said:

Don't forget about our linemen. They were absolutely pathetic on both sides of the ball. Our DLine only accounted for 7 tackles on a day where the other team ran the ball 36x. People always love to brag about Patterson and Dolac's tackles per game but that only happens because our linemen can't tackle for $hit. And on the other side the OLine gave our receivers absolutely no time to get open and every downfield pass was subsequently thrown too early. OT#74 in particular was burned about 100x by the DE. It was amateur hour in the trenches once again and very similar to the Ohio game.

I'm souring on Mo after some of the decision making yesterday. We sucked the life out of CMU up until they finally get a score to make it 24-14. On the ensuing possession we decide to go for it on 4th and 3 at our own 36... Why? I'm fine being aggressive on 4th downs when you're down but when you have a big lead you don't let the other team off the mat.

It was just an incredibly disappointing game. I thought we'd come back to life after looking like crap against Ohio but that second half was the worst display of UB football I've seen in quite a few years.

1 hour ago, ubbulls98 said:

This all started with he went for it on 4th and 3 at their 35 yard line.  

*when

That was one of the most inexplicable 4th down decisions I've seen in years.  Made no sense.  At 24-14 the risk/reward was not worth it.  And the play call and execution was laughable... like Pop Warner stuff.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zigo230 said:

That was one of the most inexplicable 4th down decisions I've seen in years.  Made no sense.  At 24-14 the risk/reward was not worth it.  And the play call and execution was laughable... like Pop Warner stuff.

And the play that was ran there? A pass to no one? How about getting on the same page? Or how about NOT running the same up the middle run play three times in a row getting stuffed every time.

• Thanks 1