Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

James Madison @ UB - 1pm, Sat. 11/12/22

MuchMany

JMU has won their first two games at home by a combined 229-96 against D3 Valley Forge and tonight against Hampton. They were picked by Sun Belt coaches to finish 4th of 14 and are currently 131 on BartTorvik, good for tops in the SB. They have a bit of buzz in the CBB Twitter/gambling world and there will be some mid-major eyes on our game Saturday.

I don't know much about their roster, but Takal Molson from St. Mary's Lancaster is a starter and key contributor in his 5th year after two at Canisius and one at Seton Hall.

Edited by MuchMany

7 hours ago, MuchMany said:

JMU has won their first two games at home by a combined 229-96 against D3 Valley Forge and tonight against Hampton. They were picked by Sun Belt coaches to finish 4th of 14 and are currently 131 on BartTorvik, good for tops in the SB. They have a bit of buzz in the CBB Twitter/gambling world and there will be some mid-major eyes on our game Saturday. I don't know much about their roster, but Takal Molson from St. Mary's Lancaster is a starter and key contributor in his 5th year after two at Canisius and one at Seton Hall.

I am hoping for another good game. If we can get this win under our belt, I will be very happy.

I checked the roster today and we have 3 players that will likely use up their eligibility: Hardnett, Chapman and Foster. Foster looks like a contributor, Hardnett has his moments and not sure about Chapman yet but was a projected starter. In any case, the core and depth we are building could be really good. Grab 2 freshmen and a contributing JUCO next year and we could really build something. Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I checked the roster today and we have 3 players that will likely use up their eligibility: Hardnett, Chapman and Foster. Foster looks like a contributor, Hardnett has his moments and not sure about Chapman yet but was a projected starter. In any case, the core and depth we are building could be really good. Grab 2 freshmen and a contributing JUCO next year and we could really build something. Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

It was a nice start to the season. Lots of positives. Unfortunately the portal likely means more roster turnover.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Looks like Chatman will likely redshirt once healthy, unless he’s given 2 years by the NCAA. 

• Like 1

I don't want to get too high or too low about anything yet with this team.  We do not know enough about them yet, and THEY don't know enough about them yet for that matter.  They're going to be a work-in-progress for some time and I'm prepared for that.  They just need to play a lot of games.  I liked a lot of what I saw on Monday, and saw some things they really need to get better at. The whole thing is very intriguing.

44 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

I don't want to get too high or too low about anything yet with this team.  We do not know enough about them yet, and THEY don't know enough about them yet for that matter.  They're going to be a work-in-progress for some time and I'm prepared for that.  They just need to play a lot of games.  I liked a lot of what I saw on Monday, and saw some things they really need to get better at. The whole thing is very intriguing.

I liked their killer instinct and attacking at the end. Last years team would have lost that one after Colgate took the lead. No panic which is what I liked most 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I liked their killer instinct and attacking at the end. Last years team would have lost that one after Colgate took the lead. No panic which is what I liked most 

With just one game as a sample size this team appears to have more players with offensive skill and ability. The main question is their team all mentality and spreading the ball around and of course can they lock in defensively. Should be interesting and hope a lot of fans can have some patience and try and enjoy the ride. Go Bulls!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John said:

With just one game as a sample size this team appears to have more players with offensive skill and ability. The main question is their team all mentality and spreading the ball around and of course can they lock in defensively. Should be interesting and hope a lot of fans can have some patience and try and enjoy the ride. Go Bulls!!

JMU is a 2.5 point favorite, we have them right where we want them!! Go Bulls!🤘🏻🤘🏻

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We are having trouble getting into any offensive sets bc JMU is trapping up high. Causing a lot of disruption. I’ll ask this…who is the true PG on this team? Seems so far in this game everyone is looking out for their own shot.

Also why I'm surprised Caesar has played more, he is a point guard 

Game is still within reach, just gotta to knock down a couple shots