Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

48 minutes ago, bulls2684 said:

Played 1 game, in his home state, got to wear #41. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I’m sure there is a story behind it that we will never hear just like McDuffie. I root for schools not players at this point. On to our next transfer or freshman 

Edited by UBinMD

4 hours ago, bulls2684 said:

With no requirement to sit out a year, thus no advantage to be gained from announcing a transfer in-season, isn't this just called quitting the team? Hope there's nothing going on wrong in the young man's life, but I don't love the look of this one.

3 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

He hasn’t been on the roster for months, why is this news now?

I guess he just officially posted it. The portal isn’t even open yet. They have new windows: 12/5/22-1/18/23 then 5/1/23-5/15/23. Hopefully that limits the chaos a bit. I’m guessing he is getting his name out there so he can land a big time program to launch him into the NFL

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I left out the part where I wanted to say that I hope the grass turns out to be brown where he ends up.

As I have said before, college sports are becoming less and less fun every year. I have no interest in the NBA and that seems to be where MBB and Football are headed. I have actually gotten as much enjoyment watching UB volleyball, women's soccer, swimming and wrestling the last few years now that many of the games/meets/matches are streamed. These kids really compete and care. They have impressed me and I back them 100%.

I was at the Maryland game and he looked pretty good.  I recall hearing his name called a few times on tackles and breakups.   Then the Bulls started losing a couple more and heard rumors he was still part of the team but not active.  So it's not surprising..   

1 hour ago, Ron Polizzi said:

Who cares. If you dont want to be there leave.

Agreed, it has worked out for some, not for others. Disgruntled players wreak havoc on the locker room, better to be rid of them as soon as possible. If they find success, great. If they rid the pine at a P5 conference team, then so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Agreed, it has worked out for some, not for others. Disgruntled players wreak havoc on the locker room, better to be rid of them as soon as possible. If they find success, great. If they rid the pine at a P5 conference team, then so be it.

I agree with this.  I just refuse to wish a team mate well if he quits on his team during a season.  The competitor in me wants him collecting splinters.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I agree with this.  I just refuse to wish a team mate well if he quits on his team during a season.  The competitor in me wants him collecting splinters.

I am with you on that, especially quitting mid-season. I don't know how your teammates couldn't view you as anything other that a quitter.

• Like 3

Look why are we surprised that players transfer? I wish coaches can transfer I feel like I have dealt with Maurice Linquist drama for 10 years already he is such a headache to watch how he finds a way to screw up football games. Jim Ward and Jeff Quinn like. One of the most annoying head coaches UB has ever had. His coaching drives one up the wall. BSF is having a party the day Maurice Linquist is fired he is a terrible head coach back to back delay of games to punt the football is bull#%*#%. I was yelling at my television set. I wanted to climb through the television and fire him myself for being just dumb this whole coaching staff is just flat out dumb people that over think things in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UBinMD said:
...And so it continues. This will be a wild off-season for a lot of players and teams. Round and round they go!

Coaches I’m available and still looking for a new home…6’1 195 Wide Receiver

Portaled a year ago. Was committed to Chattanooga earlier this year