Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ Stonehill WBB

13 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

What awful basketball. I'm spoiled by FLJ's Bulls teams.

This is definitely a piecemeal team. No flow, not a lot of trust in each other yet. They force a lot of things and play a good bit of 1 woman basketball, similar what our MBB team fell into a lot last year. Hopefully the 2nd half will be an improvement.

9 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Congrats on their fist win. They cut the miscues and hit a few key shots and free throws.

Definitely good to get that first win, take some pressure off. We will see how their first home game goes Saturday against Princeton. The second half was much better. Ogden has a nice 3 ball when she’s open. Need to improve on rebounding and limiting the second shots. Much improved though overall.

5 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

UB Bulls barely won this game against a school I never heard of. UB Bulls women’s basketball coach Becky Burke can’t coach I have seen enough of that to make that call after tonight in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

She has a better record after two games than Coach Jack had.  Did you call for Coach Jack to be fired after two games?  How would that have turned out?

Curious are you ready to trade third place Josh Allen after losing two straight, including to the Jets?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

UB Bulls barely won this game against a school I never heard of. UB Bulls women’s basketball coach Becky Burke can’t coach I have seen enough of that to make that call after tonight in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Fired after 2 games.  Is that a new record for UB?

8 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

She has a better record after two games than Coach Jack had.  Did you call for Coach Jack to be fired after two games?  How would that have turned out?

Curious are you ready to trade third place Josh Allen after losing two straight, including to the Jets?

18 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Fired after 2 games.  Is that a new record for UB?

UB did barely win, and I had to check to see if Stonehill was a D1 program and not a high school.

These two games have been brutal to watch because both opponents, Canisius and Stonehill, are just as awful as we are. Most of us are spoiled by the quality of play and players we had under FLJ.

That said, Coach Burke just got here and hadn't had the chance to build her team yet. So all judgements on who can or can't coach need to be put off a while.

But it's still jarring to see how bad the shooting and overall play is.

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

UB did barely win, and I had to check to see if Stonehill was a D1 program and not a high school.

These two games have been brutal to watch because both opponents, Canisius and Stonehill, are just as awful as we are. Most of us are spoiled by the quality of play and players we had under FLJ.

That said, Coach Burke just got here and hadn't had the chance to build her team yet. So all judgements on who can or can't coach need to be put off a while.

But it's still jarring to see how bad the shooting and overall play is.

We have 1 RETURNING PLAYER from a MAC Championship team. FLJ absolutely gutted out program, so in reality, the last 10 years never really happened. The cupboards were basically empty. Coach Burke has won at every level she has been at, including starting a program from scratch. She has a LOT of rope with me. It's not like she decimated a MAC Championship ready team, FLJ did that. Her recruiting class for 2023-24 is complete with 7 players coming in. I wish they looked better, but I'm hopefully she gets them into shape for the MAC and we can go .500 or better. Firing after 2 games based upon where she is starting is laughable. Put the torches and pitchforks back in the closet for a bit.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

This guy couldn’t evaluate his ass from a hole in the ground. 

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

We have 1 RETURNING PLAYER from a MAC Championship team. FLJ absolutely gutted out program, so in reality, the last 10 years never really happened. The cupboards were basically empty. Coach Burke has won at every level she has been at, including starting a program from scratch. She has a LOT of rope with me. It's not like she decimated a MAC Championship ready team, FLJ did that. Her recruiting class for 2023-24 is complete with 7 players coming in. I wish they looked better, but I'm hopefully she gets them into shape for the MAC and we can go .500 or better. Firing after 2 games based upon where she is starting is laughable. Put the torches and pitchforks back in the closet for a bit.

In Oats first month as UB head coach, UB lost by 19 to Old Dominion, lost by 22 to St. Joe's, and squeaked a win over Canisius by 2 in overtime.  I'm pretty glad we didn't fire him.  

• Like 3