Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @UConn - 7:00 pm - CBSSN

DocCas86

I am seeing spread of 20.5 points.  So far this season UConn has beaten Stonehill by 31 and BU by 29.  They are ranked between 19 (Kenpom) and 52 (Barttorvik).   The team needs to recover from disaster on Saturday.  A win is not likely, but hoping to keep differential between 10-15 points.  More importantly looking for fewer turnovers and better flow on the offensive side.

19 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I am seeing spread of 20.5 points.  So far this season UConn has beaten Stonehill by 31 and BU by 29.  They are ranked between 19 (Kenpom) and 52 (Barttorvik).   The team needs to recover from disaster on Saturday.  A win is not likely, but hoping to keep differential between 10-15 points.  More importantly looking for fewer turnovers and better flow on the offensive side.

Hopefully that was a bit of a kick in the butt and we bring a better game today. Getting a few good shots to fall early will help and get the confidence up.

25 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Hopefully that was a bit of a kick in the butt and we bring a better game today. Getting a few good shots to fall early will help and get the confidence up.

I hope you are right that the team takes last game as motivation to play much better tonight.

Not expecting much positive tonight. If I were a betting man (I am), UCONN -20 would be slam dunk. We're playing at the second fastest pace in the country, so all of our flaws are going to be magnified until we sort things out.

Against the #25 team in the country, I'll honestly take a loss by 25 or fewer with more flow on offense and more communication on D. Not a fun outlook, but trying to be realistic and patient through early season growing pains. 

This game could be ugly, UB has no bigs. UConn is going to get everything they want offensively

What UB needs to do is hit their shots and get to the foul line, they do that and it will be a ball game 

They shouldn't be taken surprised when teams will do the exact same defense James Madison did going forward. So hopefully they are prepared for it

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I could jinx it by taking UCONN and the points.

• Haha 1

I have a weird feeling we're going to do rather well tonight. I don't think we have a shot at winning but I don't think we'll see the incredible blowout we saw with JMU. This seasons reminds me of the old hockey game Blades of Steel. Remember that game with the fat guys, medium guys, and skinny guys? Well, our team feels like a team made up entirely of skinny guys with only 1 big guy. We're fast and pretty good at stealing the ball on defense, but we struggled scoring against JMU who had a similar roster of skinny guys. Colgate, on the other hand, had a roster of mediums and bigs and our offense was fast enough to get more open looks. I'll predict a tight game that falls apart towards the end resulting in like a 15pt loss. It will be something to build on, I hope.

^^This is the extent of my basketball knowledge.

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

Isaac Jack running the floor/defending looks pretty unathletic then you get the ball in his hands and he’s a super polished finisher. It’s jarring lol, feels like he has a high ceiling for us long term given that he’s actually relatively inexperienced playing basketball

Mark my words he will be a steal of a recruit. Like Skogman said was. Unfortunately he will most likely portal out in 2 years.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I wish we would eliminate the play where the dribbler drives baseline then essentially gets trapped bc of the out of bounds line and does a jump pass around the basket resulting in a turnover 

Like playing vs six defenders

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I wish we would eliminate the play where the dribbler drives baseline then essentially gets trapped bc of the out of bounds line and does a jump pass around the basket resulting in a turnover 

This and the pass across the key that needs to go through every defender on the court  

Somehow we beat Colgate. Who is up 42-27 on Cuse at half. I’m not bugging, as this is pretty much what was to be expected from a young group and players who have not played with each other much. My advice to Whitesell…forget the up tempo play. We turn the ball over too much for that and don’t have a true PG. 

• Like 1