Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron - Rescheduled 12/2 - 1 PM

UBlearns

7 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

UB Bulls football team is a joke St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball in the Southtowns of Western New York in a snow belt played Bowling Green Falcons in basketball in Olean today and won. UB needs to stop the New York State politics grandstanding about weather in Amherst that wasn’t that bad if the Bonnies can play UB should have played. Again if UB wanted no fans at UB Stadium fine the game was supposed to be played on CBS Sport Network Western New York would have liked to watch the football game to get our mind off the snow storm. Missed opportunity as always with UB Bulls football. I watched today Niagara Purple Eagles in Dublin, Ireland, St Bonaventure Bonnies at home Reilly Center, UB Bulls basketball at the Virgin Islands and then the Buffalo Sabres at night in Toronto in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You know…..I have always let you say your piece, and have at times stuck up for you when others make your posts the brunt of their jokes.  You have your opinions and you’re entitled to them, and God knows UB needs as many passionate fans as it can get…….:

BUT……take this with all the respect it can muster……this take is way off base.

I’m 99% sure that UB had absolutely no say in whether this game was going to be played this week.  I can guarantee you the writing was on the wall when Akron Equipment truck was within a half hour of here and was told to turn around, on Thursday.

and that didn’t stop people at UB from trying to keep the game on by keeping the field cleaned off and continuing to prepare for the game as if it was still going to be played.  And I can also guarantee you that people would have been out there today, clearing snow to have the field ready for today.

IMHO, the last entity to take any blame in this is UB.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

UB Bulls football team is a joke St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball in the Southtowns of Western New York in a snow belt played Bowling Green Falcons in basketball in Olean today and won. UB needs to stop the New York State politics grandstanding about weather in Amherst that wasn’t that bad if the Bonnies can play UB should have played. Again if UB wanted no fans at UB Stadium fine the game was supposed to be played on CBS Sport Network Western New York would have liked to watch the football game to get our mind off the snow storm. Missed opportunity as always with UB Bulls football. I watched today Niagara Purple Eagles in Dublin, Ireland, St Bonaventure Bonnies at home Reilly Center, UB Bulls basketball at the Virgin Islands and then the Buffalo Sabres at night in Toronto in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You do understand that this was not a call made by UB Football, don't you?   You also need to know that Olean got very little snow during this storm.

• UBlearns changed the title to Akron - Rescheduled 12/2 - 1 PM
6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Will not be Detroit or the Bahamas.  Eastern will go to Detroit.  Miami is in the Bahamas.  I think we will go west, Arizona or Boise.

Below are today's projections from a variety of media sources:

247 Sports: Quick Lane Bowl vs 5-7 qualifier, Detroit, MI, Dec 26, 2022
SI: Cure Bowl vs Rice, Orlando, FL, Dec 16, 2022
CBS: Gasparilla Bowl vs Wake Forest, Tampa, FL, Dec. 23, 2022
Athlon: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs San Jose State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
Yahoo Sports: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs Utah State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
College Football News: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs Utah State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
USA Today: Lending Tree Bowl vs Marshall, Mobile, AL, Dec. 17, 2022
Bleacher Report: Cure Bowl vs Rice, Orlando, FL, Dec. 16, 2022

Line vs Akron currently has UB -11.5.

With 3 of Akron’s last 4 losses by 7 pts or less, their domination of NIU last week, and UB’s 3-game losing streak, 11.5 feels high.  
Will the players be motivated to beat a weaker opponent and go to a Bowl? Will the coaches have them ready to play a full 60 minutes of football? Will anyone be in the stands to witness it?  

45 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Line vs Akron currently has UB -11.5.

With 3 of Akron’s last 4 losses by 7 pts or less, their domination of NIU last week, and UB’s 3-game losing streak, 11.5 feels high.  
Will the players be motivated to beat a weaker opponent and go to a Bowl? Will the coaches have them ready to play a full 60 minutes of football? Will anyone be in the stands to witness it?  

1. Dolac will play hard, will he be joined by anyone?

2. I have no confidence in the coaching staff doing anything to help this squad, so they better figure it out themselves.

3. If there are 1000 people in the stands I will be shocked 

8 hours ago, Smee said:

Below are today's projections from a variety of media sources:

247 Sports: Quick Lane Bowl vs 5-7 qualifier, Detroit, MI, Dec 26, 2022
SI: Cure Bowl vs Rice, Orlando, FL, Dec 16, 2022
CBS: Gasparilla Bowl vs Wake Forest, Tampa, FL, Dec. 23, 2022
Athlon: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs San Jose State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
Yahoo Sports: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs Utah State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
College Football News: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs Utah State, Boise, ID, Dec. 20, 2022
USA Today: Lending Tree Bowl vs Marshall, Mobile, AL, Dec. 17, 2022
Bleacher Report: Cure Bowl vs Rice, Orlando, FL, Dec. 16, 2022

Anyone who puts a team other than one from Michigan followed by Toledo and Bowling Green in the Quick Lane Bowl does not know what they are talking about.  They are selected to get people to go to Detroit the day after Christmas.  Ditto for anyone during the season picking a conference leader to go to the Bahamas.  Anyone going to Detroit for the conference championship game does not go to the Bahamas Bowl, equipment gets shipped before the championship game.

I'm not counting Akron as a guaranteed win unfortunately.   The Zips hung close this season in games vs. Bowling Green, CMU, Kent St and EMU...before finally getting a big W at NIU. 

They've played the same competition close so it's not like they are completely outclassed playing a UB team that is messed up mentally right now.  

I think Akron comes to Amherst with no pressure and plays loose.  

35 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

Saturday PRE game.........wonder how he felt POST-game.....I know they want to get into a bowl game....but this has to be one of the most embarrassing ways to get it done.....IF they win

Ohio - Nope

CMU - Nope

Kent State - Nope

2-9 Akron - ????

Another season of what could have been...

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Another season of what could have been...

I mean theyve gone from 4 wins to 5wins (maybe a sixth), but can anybody honestly say theyve shown ANY improvement on the field over the course of the last two seasons, at all?????  Im having trouble thinking of even one thing.....and thats for players AND the coaches.

3 days later, I still cant believe how badly they handled the overtime coin flip on Saturday....its inexcusable...

5 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

I mean theyve gone from 4 wins to 5wins (maybe a sixth), but can anybody honestly say theyve shown ANY improvement on the field over the course of the last two seasons, at all?????  Im having trouble thinking of even one thing.....and thats for players AND the coaches.

3 days later, I still cant believe how badly they handled the overtime coin flip on Saturday....its inexcusable...

McNulty stepped forward this year. I did not close my eyes on every FG and PAT this year. I'm happy about that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I've heard that the refs F-d up on his miss this past Saturday.  They took too long to place the ball.  Once the ball was finally placed, they had a total of 8 seconds to get the play off.  It was all very rushed.

The refs were pretty poor all around. The main issue I believe was the wind. It ended up a good 3-5 yards short.

17 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I've heard that the refs F-d up on his miss this past Saturday.  They took too long to place the ball.  Once the ball was finally placed, they had a total of 8 seconds to get the play off.  It was all very rushed.

Whaaaaaaat????  MAC Officials incompetent????  Who ever heard of such a thing.......

34 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

Whaaaaaaat????  MAC Officials incompetent????  Who ever heard of such a thing.......

Officiating was not our problem in the loss to Kent St. but it really does seem like Buffalo is still considered a MAC "Outsider" the other programs have been together 50+ years so UB winning anything seems an affront to the conference and they need to keep us in our place. Maybe it's my bias but in many sports it feels that way. We are the only team in the conference that never gets "home" calls in anything.