Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs Drake - 2022 Paradise Jam - 1 p.m. - ESPN3

DocCas86

UB and Drake kick off the slate of men's games tomorrow at 1 p.m eastern (2 p.m. local time). 

Drake is currently ranked between #57 (Torvik) and #77 (Massey).  Current perception is Drake is slightly better than Toledo, who are the highest ranked MAC team.    Drake is 2-0 with home wins against IUPUI (by 32) and Wofford (by 8).  Drake is lead by Tucker Devries a 6'7" SO guard.  I would like to see outcome of keeping it 5 points or under in this game - but mainly looking for improvement in rebounding and reduced turnovers.

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Drake is the favorite to win the Missouri valley this season, this will be a tough game

Personally feel they are much better than Toledo based on viewings of each but I will always be a bit biased against Toledo 

I agree Drake s a challenging opponent.  My comparison was based solely on review of several ranking sites.  They have Drake ranked 57 and 77 as I mentioned.  Toledo is 58 to 72 on those same sites.  Of course these rankings are estimates, not absolutes, and Drake may be better than anyone we see in the MAC, but perhaps a good benchmark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I’m just glad this game will actually be streamed, unlike some of the past tournaments. Also glad there’s something to watch while being stuck inside from this snow haha. Hoping for a competitive game at least. Go Bulls!

Yeah with the snow it will be a nice afternoon break to watch the game 

I continue to be astounded by Isaac Jack, he already seems like the best post scorer since Perkins. Left, right, beautiful footwork, doesn’t panic when he gets the ball on a roll. Super polished for a freshman.

I’ll admit I’ve been frustrated about the start of this season but we already have a win over the best team in the Patriot League, if we can close out a win over the best MVC team that at least convinces me Colgate wasn’t a fluke. The talent seems to be there but consistency is key

Just now, DocCas86 said:

That was Atlantic Time (local time for USVI).

Yeah I saw your post and checked a little before 1pm, but ESPN had it at 2pm and just figured the tournament moved the game time for whatever reason. Then when checking scores of other games I see this game started ha

I never realized they were in a different time zone before though 

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Don’t worry he will portal out sooner than later

I don’t really understand this mindset, Mballa and Skogman were the first impact players we’ve lost since Shannon Evans? Maybe I’m forgetting someone but for all the (valid) Whitesell complaints creating an environment where our top players leave hasn’t really been an issue. Mballa made sense using a 5th year COVID eligibility to move from a rebuild to P5. Skogman was a little more confusing but this really hasn’t been much of an issue for us

• Like 1