Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs Drake - 2022 Paradise Jam - 1 p.m. - ESPN3

DocCas86

5 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I don’t really understand this mindset, Mballa and Skogman were the first impact players we’ve lost since Shannon Evans? Maybe I’m forgetting someone but for all the (valid) Whitesell complaints creating an environment where our top players leave hasn’t really been an issue. Mballa made sense using a 5th year COVID eligibility to move from a rebuild to P5. Skogman was a little more confusing but this really hasn’t been much of an issue for us

I was fine with Mballa. Skogman made no sense. Went to a program at a tiny school that doesn't even have his major. Transitioning coaching from Dad to Son, that worked for the Drew's but it's still weird. I didn't see a huge benefit to him since he would have been a key offensive cog. Also, with his heart issues and UB basically addressing that and having a proactive program for it. Just didn't make a ton of sense, but hopefully it gets him whatever he was looking for. Isaac Jack seems a solid replacement piece and very polished offensively so far. I think his upside can be huge. As for Shannon Evans, not sure he did great but I don't really remember.

FT shooting thus far is improved over past couple seasons. Better rebounding numbers today than the first 3 games. But 3 point shooting has been dreadful and only 7 assists on 25 made baskets isn’t gonna get it done. Hopefully these OOC games help get the kinks out and we see steady improvement as the season goes on.

I am just here watching how much lower standards wise are UB alums, UB Blue and White and UB itself is going to let this once national level basketball program sink under Jim Whitesell’s leadership. UB Alumni Arena is 1/3 full crickets and denial. This team is below Canisius as bad as Reggie Witherspoon is as a head coach at least he beat St Bonaventure Bonnies of the Atlantic 10. This team has no significant wins fire Jim Whitesell let the UB assistants take over because Jim Whitesell is useless as a bench coach in the last 2 minutes in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

We can still be optimistic. Some folks are simply so negative. We are an entirely new team.  What other team has had such a level of turnover? We have a respective  head coach.  Yes, there is room for improvement 

Maybe Hardnett really turns into a consistent player. Boy was he great today.  Maybe Jack continues to improve and cause us to remember the best of  Mballa and Skogman.  So many new players, many with potential 

We will be ready for MAC play  I will be optimistic 

Enjoy the journey and go to games.

go BULLS

Edited by Windycityfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Windycityfan said:

We can still be optimistic. Some folks are simply so negative. We are an entirely new team.  What other team has had such a level of turnover? We have a respective  head coach.  Yes, there is room for improvement 

Maybe Hardnett really turns into a consistent player. Boy was he great today.  Maybe Jack continues to improve and cause us to remember the best of  Mballa and Skogman.  So many new players, many with potential 

We will be ready for MAC play  I will be optimistic 

Enjoy the journey and go to games.

go BULLS

Glad to hear others have an optimistic outlook.  Am I disappointed?  Yes, but UB was a 13 point underdog to a team that is likely comparable to best in MAC, and came very close to victory.   Keep playing hard and improving and they will be a threat.  Time will tell.  On to next game against Howard.