Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs George Mason Paradise Jam

DooleyBull06

10 minutes ago, clodney said:

It's the game for 7th place in a garbage tournament and it doesn't even appear to be on TV. Jesus, this program went off a cliff.

And yeah George Mason hasn’t been back in the NCAA tournament in a long time after their final four run, and it was when they won the CAA. However they play in the prestigious Atlantic 10 conference now. 

3 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Winning by 6 at the half. Yet Draftkings offering even money (+100) that GMU still wins. Not much respect for these Bulls. 

They have seen the Bulls squander some leads in the past two games.  Hope the team can play solid for all 20 minutes remaining, and take something positive away from USVI.

This could be good for the guys. Fly home happy, we led at halftime in every game. We need to learn to finish, but every game we had a new player step up. Curt Jones is our bell cow. He's the most consistent. Today Adams showed what the coaches must have seen. This is a good win. Hopefully the betters lost their ass!

• Like 5

We just look like a young inexperienced team that needs time to gel. Definitely have some talent on the team. Seem to have a pretty good ceiling. But I’m guessing it’s going to be a very volatile year. Need to be better situationally down the stretch and work on breaking the press. But regardless, I enjoy the intensity they play with. Even if it’s not a great year in the win department, I’ll enjoy watching them this year! Which is more than I can say for the last two years! 

Edited by C1ubP1fanaticM7
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

We just look like a young inexperienced team that needs time to gel. Definitely have some talent on the team. Seem to have a pretty good ceiling. But I’m guessing it’s going to be a very volatile year. Need to be better situationally down the stretch and work on breaking the press. But regardless, I enjoy the intensity they play with. Even if it’s not a great year in the win department, I’ll enjoy watching them this year! Which is more than I can say for the last two years! 

Agreed, last year was not fun. I think these guys will be fun. Good to Adams and Smith contribute today, we will need them both at some point this season. If you can have a team with 4-5 legitimate scoring threats that will only help. Last year it was the Williams show or nothing it seemed most games.

3 minutes ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

We just look like a young inexperienced team that needs time to gel. Definitely have some talent on the team. Seem to have a pretty good ceiling. But I’m guessing it’s going to be a very volatile year. Need to be better situationally down the stretch and work on breaking the press. But regardless, I enjoy the intensity they play with. Even if it’s not a great year in the win department it think I’ll enjoy watching them! Which is better than the last two years! 

This team has potential.  They have definitely been playing hard.  As you said they need play more consistently, especially down the stretch.  Today was a good first start, and some consolation after disappointment of losing Saturday.  Returning home to face Bonnies and Griffs, hope they can win both and start gaining confidence. 

4 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Actually I put a small wager on GMU to jinx them.  No I just have to do that for every game.

Ok we are building the rituals to ensure the win...you bet against the Bulls, I can't start the thread, anyone else do anything...certain color socks?  Whatever it takes!  Just glad that I could revert to my glass half full self today.

Good moral victory....MUCH NEEDED! The Bulls had a rough couple days in St Thomas. Progress not perfection. Adams stat line looks good. No turnovers for him. Would love to see more of Jack. He has looked very raw on defense and his rebounding hasn't been too good, but he will be a matchup problem in the MAC. As the ESPN guys said, the three ball really helped open up lane. On to Canisius. No doubt Reggie will be looking for a big win.

Edited by Chet

15 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Ok we are building the rituals to ensure the win...you bet against the Bulls, I can't start the thread, anyone else do anything...certain color socks?  Whatever it takes!  Just glad that I could revert to my glass half full self today.

I wore black socks today, so I will give it a shot!

Nice win. Good to see the Adams we hoped for, hopefully we can see this more consistently. The team has had a different guy/guys play decent every game. We can see the talent is there, now they just need to put it together as a group. Other than the stinker vs JMU and a bit of being a little overmatched vs UConn, they've gone 2-2 against teams that are basically toss up games. For the early season, it's just good to see some growth after today's win, especially considering they could've won each of the first two games in paradise, before letting them slip away. It'll be nice to see how they do against Canisius, as they should beat them handily (although likely won't, but hopefully will at least pull out a nice W). 

• Like 3