Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs George Mason Paradise Jam

DooleyBull06

Way to step up today, Bulls.  I say this every time so far, but it's a work in progress.  And they're going to have to find their way these first couple months.  You may see different guys having good games each time.  The stats looked better - 50% shooting; 30% from three; even on rebounds; forced 16 turnovers.  Get better at shooting and rebounding and it will turn into results.  Keep it up.

54 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Nice win. Good to see the Adams we hoped for, hopefully we can see this more consistently. The team has had a different guy/guys play decent every game. We can see the talent is there, now they just need to put it together as a group. Other than the stinker vs JMU and a bit of being a little overmatched vs UConn, they've gone 2-2 against teams that are basically toss up games. For the early season, it's just good to see some growth after today's win, especially considering they could've won each of the first two games in paradise, before letting them slip away. It'll be nice to see how they do against Canisius, as they should beat them handily (although likely won't, but hopefully will at least pull out a nice W). 

These guys don't have the history with the Big 4, so hopefully they don't hear about it and just play the game. Hopefully a good win.

Like most on here I’m trying to remain realistically optimistic throughout this season that is sure to be a roller coaster ride. Granted, it’s hard not to turn to the pessimistic side when winnable games like Howard and Drake slip away in the final minutes. Also hard not to play the game of what if? As in, we could easily be 4-2 if not for those 2 late-game collapses, and talking about exceeding expectations and doing damage in the MAC. Instead, we’re 2-4 but there is hope and we’ve seen potential of what this team can do if they continue to grow as the long season wears on. Either way, the players need all the support they can get from those who call ourselves fans. Go Bulls! 🤘

• Like 3

I’ll take a W any day. 2 things that drive me nuts are the free throws and low IQ plays we seem to be making at times. The rest I can deal with. Perfect example, think we were up 6-7 at the end and Adams jacked a 3 super early in the shot clock. He made it, thankfully, but that is the reason teams have been able to come back on us. 

That said, constructive criticism is much better with the W in the win column.  Let’s get after the Griffs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I was 0-2 in threads that I started - so thought maybe a change would help.  🙂

3 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Actually I put a small wager on GMU to jinx them.  Now I just have to do that for every game.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I wore black socks today, so I will give it a shot!

And UB Horns up did not have a comment about Firing everyone in UB sports.  Let's keep it up A win all around

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, clodney said:

So we take #72 to the wire and almost win, beat #134 handily, and lose to #274... weird. 

Last year UB beat UNT and WKU and lost to Canisius.  This year Ohio took Michigan to OT, but lost to Detroit Mercy and Toledo beat UAB, but lost to UMKC.  This year the ups and downs are not unexpected as there are a lot of new players. 

Question remains, can they play more consistently closer to team that beat GMU handily, and beat Colgate?  If so, they should be very competitive in the MAC.  Hard to tell with this team after just six games.  If they win next two against Canisius and Bona, then moving in direction of team that beat GMU.  If split - still uncertain, and lose both trending toward team that lost big to JMU and a very long season.  

4 hours ago, clodney said:

So we take #72 to the wire and almost win, beat #134 handily, and lose to #274... weird. 

This is pretty much what we should expect from this group that hasn’t played together and is still trying to learn the system and one another. Usually for teams learning how to finish is the biggest struggle, that has been the case in a few games for us.