Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio vs BGSU

clodney

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Bowling Green is now screwing us too. I assumed they disliked Ohio more, but maybe they just want to keep the East Title in Ohio. The Ohio backup is gaining confidence and BG looks like crap.

As opposed to them winning the East?  If they won and Kent State won they would have gone to Detroit.  So you think they were tanking to to keep the East title away from UB?

9 hours ago, rma said:

The writer makes some good points. Fortunately for the MAC, the better team won this game and now the tiebreaker scenarios won’t be the focus. Ohio is deserving of the MAC East title. In all reality, BGSU isn’t very good and had no business winning the East on account of being outscored 116-27 in their 3 losses vs UB, Kent and Ohio. 

I always felt this game was a long shot to begin with of the three Ohio had left to possibly lose.  Yet another home MACtion game for Ohio were the visitor looks like absolute crap and forgot how to play football.  Even with a flash of life.....that place manages to just suck it right back out again.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

As opposed to them winning the East?  If they won and Kent State won they would have gone to Detroit.  So you think they were tanking to to keep the East title away from UB?

Mainly I think they are not very good and it's shocking they even had a chance. Hopefully our guys want to extend their season and actually show up Saturday. If there is going to be a big rush to the portal, they may just tank it.

3 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

So what happens now? If we beat Kent State we are bowl eligible and that's that? But if we lose does Akron come to Buffalo for a make up game?

Per Bret McMurphy the Akron game is getting played now since we won't be in Detroit. Whether that is true or not, who knows. Win on Saturday.

Just now, skrabukes said:

1pm on a Friday afternoon? I guess they want no one attending.

UB and the MAC don't care about the fans, they care about the money. Hence the god awful decision to continue midweek Maction games. They're only playing this game because the vultures want the Bowl Revenue.

• Like 1

Im curious how everybody else feels about the prospect of still playing the Akron game.

Now that Detroit is off the table, next would be the 6th win for Bowl eligibility, but its not like UB hasnt had plenty of opportunity to get that done.  Lose in Ohio, Blow the CMU game, now this Kent game Saturday, if they cant win 1 of 3, Im not sure they should even deserve a chance with Akron.  I just think its a bad look all the way around.  and God forbid if the game ends up happening, and Akron wins........