Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB: Bulls vs Mercyhurst

25 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Late in the half Mercyhurst is making it a game. 32-31 UB.at he half. Bulls really let up.

They have a similar problem to the men finishing. Unfortunately when it's with the women, they have to finish 4 quarters.

Anyone know what's going on with Georgia Woolley? She has only played in 2 out of 5 games, didn't play against Penn State (Best Team they have played so far and lost). Didn't know if there was an injury, coaches decision?

Based on line score, it looks like UB East as the Fair show. She's leading in Points and Assists in almost every game. She's also shooting 18-20 times a game. 

2 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I don't know why they aren't playing inside. That's how they got up on Mercyhurst early

Everyone loves the 3. Mercyhurst is literally just throwing up shit and it's all going. Completely on UB for not putting them away, but these makes are ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, rma said:

I thought it was a 2, but didn't see definite proof it was a 2. The off the leg call was awful, but par for the course for at least one of tonight's officials.

You actually just made the point. If you can't tell from a 10 minute replay, you stay with the call on the court. The ball of the leg was obviously with a 5 second review.

23 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

You actually just made the point. If you can't tell from a 10 minute replay, you stay with the call on the court. The ball of the leg was obviously with a 5 second review.

I know.

Call on the court: 3

Does it look like a 2: Yes (my opinion)

Is there a definitive angle that shows it was a 2: No (my opinion, which clearly the refs have x ray vision or something)

Call should remain a 3.

Either way, it mattered less than the later call that was botched and we still lost by 2 to a D2 team.

33 minutes ago, rma said:

I know.

Call on the court: 3

Does it look like a 2: Yes (my opinion)

Is there a definitive angle that shows it was a 2: No (my opinion, which clearly the refs have x ray vision or something)

Call should remain a 3.

Either way, it mattered less than the later call that was botched and we still lost by 2 to a D2 team.

Steratore called it a 2 on the floor as he came over to review. It looked like a 3 from the one angle, but not conclusive. The out of bounds seemed apparent, but not to their eyes, I guess.

8 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Steratore called it a 2 on the floor as he came over to review. It looked like a 3 from the one angle, but not conclusive. The out of bounds seemed apparent, but not to their eyes, I guess.

He's a trash ref. It was called a 3 on the court, he decided to overrule his ref teammate without conversation as he walked off the court. Not the same, but not unexpected from him. The sad thing is we are even talking about it. It should have been a 10-20 point win. My daughter is a swimmer in the PSAC conference, they have a lot of solid competition and very good teams. Even so, it's D2 I will have to chart how Mercyhurst does in conference now. They looked like they had fire to me. Hopefully they outperform expectations in the conference. 

7 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

He's a trash ref. It was called a 3 on the court, he decided to overrule his ref teammate without conversation as he walked off the court. Not the same, but not unexpected from him. The sad thing is we are even talking about it. It should have been a 10-20 point win. My daughter is a swimmer in the PSAC conference, they have a lot of solid competition and very good teams. Even so, it's D2 I will have to chart how Mercyhurst does in conference now. They looked like they had fire to me. Hopefully they outperform expectations in the conference. 

That team played well together and the coach was big time all-in throughout. They hit a ton of shots, especially down the stretch. Disappointing that this is the team we played even with, especially after the past many years of success, but unfortunately this is our world now, at least for this season.

55 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Steratore called it a 2 on the floor as he came over to review.

Thanks for the correction. I was following the ESPN feed where it seemed like they called it a 3 initially, or at least that's what I heard Peck say. I don't even want to go back and check.

46 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

The sad thing is we are even talking about it. It should have been a 10-20 point win.

Yep. That's my takeaway. Oh well, next (game) in