Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Western Michigan

Chet

23 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

He has gotten blown by on a few possessions down the stretch 

He looked pretty much terrible the whole game. Luckily Hardnett and Jones played their butt off to secure the win. Teams are not even guarding Zid at the 3 point line anymore, basically daring him to shoot it and he has no confidence there. Gonna need him to show up for this team to have any chance against the top 4 in the Mac.. 

25 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

27 and 15 is an insane game

But hardnett was great down the stretch in 20-21 when UB went to the NIT, had a down year last season compared to expectations 

I think last year everyone was deferring to Williams, Segu and Mballa, which was a problem. Jones was a freshman, so that was expected and Skogman took time from Hardnett so he regressed a bit. This year he has been very good, exactly the veteran presence we needed. Jack has been a great surprise, big men usually don't contribute a lot their freshman season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I think last year everyone was deferring to Williams, Segu and Mballa, which was a problem. Jones was a freshman, so that was expected and Skogman took time from Hardnett so he regressed a bit. This year he has been very good, exactly the veteran presence we needed. Jack has been a great surprise, big men usually don't contribute a lot their freshman season.

Also it’s seemed like Hardnett battled lots of nagging injuries last year.

• Like 4

There are no easy games in this conference this season.  

Curtis is the outside shooting threat they've been missing for a couple years.  He's good right now and I'm excited to see how much better he can get. 

(I'm not concerned about transfers.  They are part of the reality now and you're just as likely to bring in someone good via transfer as you are to lose someone.)

I seem to recall Hardnett was hurt a lot of last year (or was it covid? Or was it both?).  Maybe we're seeing what he can do with this many years of experience and a healthy stretch.

4 hours ago, Chet said:

We need to at least be a threat from three. Otherwise, teams pack it in and take away the lane. It's my #1 need for next year. This team needs shooters so badly. 

Any win especially on the road is a good win. Good games by Hardnett and Jack especially on the boards. Agree Jones is really our key player especially if he can make some 3’s. Powell reallly seems to be in a funk as he can’t make a 3 pointer and teams are just packing it in to stop his drives and just leaving him alone on the outside. Really need to win the game on Tuesday against EMU because Friday game against Kent State will be tough to even compete against them. Go Bulls!!!