Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Notable team rankings in NCAA

Chet

3 hours ago, Chet said:

Team stats for the Men's basketball team as of 2/4 from: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1

3 point shooting %: #256 32.70%

FT shooting %: #265 68.49%

Turnovers per game: #321 15.00

1 hour ago, enrique14150 said:

Rebounds per game: #35 38.55

Assists per game: #44  15.3

Steals per game: #41  8.4

Fast-break points: #3  17.55

Combining these two posts gives you a balanced perspective on the current team and coincide with a team that is currently .500. 

The good stats give me hope for next year as there are some young players who may improve their 3 point shooting.  However,  adding a 3pt threat would definitely make the team better offensively.

The one stat I would like to see improve the remainder of this season, is turnovers.  Turnovers were a problem in every conference loss this year.

• Like 1

The stuff this team is good at, they are good at a high level

The stuff they are bad at, they are bad at a low level 

To me the things they are good at are more important/more difficult to be good at

They should also be able to improve the bad 

However we are now into February and it hasn't improved much 

2 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

Rebounds per game: #35 38.55

Assists per game: #44  15.3

Steals per game: #41  8.4

Fast-break points: #3  17.55

I'll say this, we all have our gripes about the results and whatnot, but there's no question they play an exciting brand of basketball.  Aggressive on both offense and defense, attacking all game, uptempo basketball.  It's fun to watch, win or lose.

• Like 3

Numbers numbers numbers. Bla bla bla. What do your eyes tell you? They should tell you that, right now, we are a team that is anywhere from 4-8 in the conference. We can beat the directionals all day long but can’t beat the top teams. Your eyes should also tell you that bc of numbers like above Whitesell will be back. Until this team proves it can beat the good teams and string more than 2 conference wins in a row, we are a middle of the pack team. Upside sure, but I think most of us are tired of saying, “this team is athletic” bla bla bla. At some point it has to be done on the court. As I’ve said before, the Whitesell ere is defined as missed opportunity. Can’t win the big games. IE…the conference title game a couple years ago.

15 hours ago, Tee4three said:

The stuff this team is good at, they are good at a high level

The stuff they are bad at, they are bad at a low level 

To me the things they are good at are more important/more difficult to be good at

They should also be able to improve the bad 

However we are now into February and it hasn't improved much 

The one thing I see is that 20-25% of our turnovers seem to result from unselfishness and attempted assists, certainly needs to get cleaned up but I prefer that to dribbling it off your foot at half court. Not to be discounted are charges, they count as TOs, we get a lot and create a lot, so that is tough too

• Like 1