Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jim Whitesell and UB Part Ways

Kevin

10 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I hate to admit I kind of like the idea. But it's not happening.

I think we call all agree that Hurley brought name recognition and a feeling that being a winner was possible but I think Oats was a big driver to the success even before he was in the big chair. No interest from me to have Hurley back. Unless maybe his brother wants to change jobs.

1 minute ago, UBinMD said:

I think we call all agree that Hurley brought name recognition and a feeling that being a winner was possible but I think Oats was a big driver to the success even before he was in the big chair. No interest from me to have Hurley back. Unless maybe his brother wants to change jobs.

Who hired Oates to begin with?

On 12/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, ChubbyHubby said:

You know, I thought it looked funny, so I went back to the previous post that had his name in it, and that's how it was spelled, so I used it.  I'm blaming it on yussi1870.  Sorry

It’s because I have relatives named Oates and my auto spell goes there!

Im officially on the fire whitesell train. I don’t often comment on coaching changes, but he is squandering arguably the two most talented players in UB history (Williams and graves) and like someone said in thread, we hardly even know who will be on our roster next year. Our best days are clearly behind us for the foreseeable future and that is not good enough. 

Only way for him to salvage this is to win MAC championship. Period. 

• Like 1

You guys want to blame everyone but our players.  Jim Whitesell did not go 3-of-13 from three point range in the first half.  Players have to make shots... END OF STORY.

We lost on the road to a team in the national rankings in a hostile environment.  And honestly I am envious of their passion.  All our fans want to do is complain about the head coach instead of actually supporting our team.

Do you guys honestly even care about our program or do you just complain for the sake of complaining??

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

You guys want to blame everyone but our players.  Jim Whitesell did not go 3-of-13 from three point range in the first half.  Players have to make shots... END OF STORY.

We lost on the road to a team in the national rankings in a hostile environment.  And honestly I am envious of their passion.  All our fans want to do is complain about the head coach instead of actually supporting our team.

Do you guys honestly even care about our program or do you just complain for the sake of complaining??

Agree with the missed threes. Would have liked to see out front court attack the paint and rim with Osun sitting the final six minutes of the 1st half. Attack their weakness. Mballa was he'd without a point in the 1st half. 

43 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

Which part of the game plan today and against SFA would you say was well orchestrated?

11 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Which part of the game plan today and against SFA would you say was well orchestrated?

Spot on. We have one of the most experienced rosters in college basketball. Four seniors in the starting lineup. Your take is spot on. 

Talking about firing a coach for losing a game on the road against one of the top teams in the country?

Asking if Mballa was even there today?

Seriously people   I get that people are annoyed that we are left without a win but the team played well against elite competition.   

I don’t understand kicking people while they are down here.

This team is still really good. 

6 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Talking about firing a coach for losing a game on the road against one of the top teams in the country?

Seriously people   I get that people are annoyed that we are left without a win but the team played well against elite competition.   

I pretty sure that the fire Whitesell talk is not just because of today's loss.

1 minute ago, Chet said:

I pretty sure that the fire Whitesell talk is not just because of today's loss.

MBalla?

I know some have already committed to being anti Whitesell and will use everything as evidence to support their position but we see it with a lot of the comments.  People here are real quick to turn on the team if things don’t go well.  

That wasn’t a poor performance by the team.  We all wanted the win and it was within reach.  But the hysteria and attacks on our own just undercut the progress.  

2 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Guilty. I did it tongue and cheek though. But in all seriousness he was a let down today in a game where we needed him and Osunniyi was on the other side. 2 points and 3 boards today. And more importantly he played with an I don’t care attitude. Seemed disinterested. 

The "fire the coach" talk after any loss or two doesn't just make me think I'm wise to mostly avoid this forum most days, it makes our fan base look cranky and spoiled.  My suspicion all along is that it's mostly people who didn't want him to be the coach in the first place.  They pop their heads out after a loss, then quietly stew after wins.  The wins must be miserable for them.

Edited by enrique14150
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Played well? What game were you watching? We played well for like 5-8 mins of the entire game. Fagan was the only player on the team that played well. Maybe segu. Williams came alive at end… but he played terrible for 75% of the game. 

We are not really good. We are prob an 80-100 ranked team which is a major bust considering the talent and experience on the team. We have the ability to be very good, but we have yet to show any signs in hitting that potential. We can, there is still time… but we better pick it out quickly. Good news is, we just really need to get hot right time during MAC tourney to make noise. 

Nonetheless, you can’t take out your anger on us for pointing out the obvious. No we don’t want to just bitch- we are spending our time on this forum just like you - so obviously we care. We just don’t wear rose color glasses that force us to say we did a great job today or so far this season. Cause we haven’t unless you expected extreme mediocrity.