As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 13026 times)

December 11, 2009, 09:06:38 PM
Read 13026 times

NENYBullsFan

Censorship
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
Pretty pathetic.  I guess there isn't a legitimate UB fan site anymore.  This place appears to have become controlled by the hypocritical "diversity" psychosis that increasingly dominates the larger university.  Amazing.  

http://ubfan.com/board/index.php?topic=9996.0

P.S.:  I hope someone reads this before it is deleted.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:46:24 AM by NENYBullsFan »

December 11, 2009, 09:14:24 PM
Reply #1

mustangl33t

Re: Censorship
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »
Welcome to the internets buddy.

December 11, 2009, 09:50:34 PM
Reply #2

Ubbullz2003

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:50:34 PM »
Posts get deleted because Idiots come running on here saying Buffalo is a failure of a program and anyone who disagrees is a Nazi controlled by the Athletic Department, what the hell do you expect....I'm not even a moderator but crying wolf after every loss is getting old fast

December 11, 2009, 11:21:14 PM
Reply #3

CalvinCagefor3

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • Go Bulls Go
    • AOL Instant Messenger - McLouthManiacs13
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 11:21:14 PM »
The thread wasn't removed, just moved to a much less trafficed part of the forum.

I started the thread however, and I hope in the future the moderators let debates happen, even if they disagree with the beginning of the thread.

December 11, 2009, 11:24:25 PM
Reply #4

UBigbobby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UBigbobby
    • View Profile
    • http://bigbobby.atspace.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
It was moved to general discussion...I don't see how that is censorship. 

December 12, 2009, 12:12:20 AM
Reply #5

tommaco81

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 12:12:20 AM »
The thread wasn't removed, just moved to a much less trafficed part of the forum.

I started the thread however, and I hope in the future the moderators let debates happen, even if they disagree with the beginning of the thread.

I think the thread you started was in response to my thread which was the first one deleated. I usually post on the Buffalo Bills message board, and I see lots of posts deleated for one reason or an other. But my post here was deleated for no reason at all....I did not swear, I did not even say anything bad. All I said was Im not happy with 1 NIT birth in 11 years. ( And reggie is garbage...oh great...this post is about to be deleated now).

December 12, 2009, 01:44:55 AM
Reply #6

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:44:55 AM »
I don't delete threads, I move them. There have been very few exceptions to this. Tommaco, you did in fact swear in your thread it's just that the word replacement caught it (again want to point out that I wasn't the one to touch it). I believe you said yourself you were coming off of a year ban or something so I think it'd only be fair your posts after first coming back would be under a little more scrutiny.

Also, let me remind you that whether it's a popular fact or not, this IS in fact Kyu's website and he can decide what is posted on it.

With all that aside, I think you'll see that people are more then welcome to argue all they want, just keep it clean and try to keep it relevant to he thread topic and/or the subforum it's posted in. I won't move this thread right now so that nobody gets their feelings hurt but this is a perfect example of a thread that is better suited for "General Discussion" as it has nothing at all to do with basketball.

Good Night :)

December 12, 2009, 01:56:52 AM
Reply #7

BrazenBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • Flecking Casual
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 01:56:52 AM »

December 12, 2009, 02:48:28 AM
Reply #8

RecoveringHillbilly

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 02:48:28 AM »
the femi-nazi psychosis

lolwut? 

NENY is an unabashed conservative who tends to insert his politics into his posts. He sees UB not being in the BE already as a result of a feminized stewardship within SUNY and the school. We can actually blame every strain of political sell-out for our situation, but we're working on reversing this.

Truth is, nothing about enacting "PC" policy happened to that thread. People simply need to follow the rules and post in the appropriate forum. Pretty simple: If you're not sure where a topic belongs, post it in general. Many of us DO read that forum, so don't treat it like a leper.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:55:58 AM by RecoveringHillbilly »

December 12, 2009, 08:40:57 AM
Reply #9

NENYBullsFan

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 08:40:57 AM »
Recovering Hillbilly, I appreciate your concise recitation of my position, although I wouldn’t call myself a conservative.  I admit I’ve vented a little and been too vague.  So let me clarify my concerns just a bit.

Yes, there is a real problem with misandry in our culture, which leads to the degradation in priority for SUNY athletic budgets.  Collegiate athleticism, given the obvious and overwhelming commercial popularity of the main male sports of basketball and football, continues to be closely associated with patriarchal culture, and therefore subject to elite feminist-centered contempt.  And when I use the term feminist, I‘m not referring to men vs. women, but to an increasingly powerful world-view which institutionalizes misandry.

(See, for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathanson_and_Young
Note that this troubling world-view is adopted and pursued by many male cultural leaders.)

And in addition to the gender divide, the male half of the equation is further sub-divided into politically correct sub-stratums, with certain “historically privileged” males being more subject to contempt than other classes of males.

Are any of these important cultural mega-trends behind:

1.  SUNY’s unwillingness to mount a serious effort to create a primary-tier athletic program to compete with the other major public university systems?

2. SUNY’s decision to appoint Judith Kaye to basically legislate future SUNY athletic policy via her injection into the controversy at Binghamton?

(See, for example, http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/baskerville3.html , which comments on the serious civil rights deprivations which have resulted from the family law policies created by Judge Kaye and her feminist brethren over the past few decades.);

3. UB continuing to be complacent with a basketball program that, for years, has shown no reasonable hope of upward trajectory?

(For example, we're playing Buffalo State today!!!  And the victory will be added to our official won-loss record!!! That's pretty darn pathetic for a Division I program.)

4. This Board’s decision to move a thread critical of the Basketball coach to a location other than within the Basketball section of the website?

You tell me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:14:48 AM by NENYBullsFan »

December 12, 2009, 09:20:36 AM
Reply #10

CTBullsfan

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »

OK you're not a conservative. You should however be thankful that you have got this FREE board. If you think Kyu, and the mods have some ulterior motive to suppress your alternative worldview, unfortunately you are sadly mistaken.

If I was a moderator I would have deleted all the threads and revoked your ID. This site isn't affiliated with the university formally. However, I think keeping those kinds of posts around (referring to femanazis and so forth) reflect poorly on the University and its stakeholders.... but I'm not the owner or the moderator.

Kyu and the mods do this as volunteer work. They are dedicated to keeping this independent forum free of charge and available to all comers. That allows us to have a much more visited site (and yes a more diverse one)  than if we had to pay a fee. They show tremendous patience with all points of view. As they indicated earler, posts have not been deleted, just moved to the General Discussion section. If the posts are about football or basketball etc. they stay in football and basketball. If they get more esoteric they go to general discussion. In my 4 or so years on this board (and I feel like a newcomer compared to some of the other folks), I have seen very few posts deleted. 

If you are still upset about it, I'm sure they will offer you a full refund.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:22:22 AM by CTBullsfan »

December 12, 2009, 10:08:18 AM
Reply #11

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
welp I wasn't going to move it, but this isn't about basketball now is it

December 12, 2009, 10:12:21 AM
Reply #12

Shepherd4

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »
Kyu and the mods do this as volunteer work. They are dedicated to keeping this independent forum free of charge and available to all comers. That allows us to have a much more visited site (and yes a more diverse one)  than if we had to pay a fee. They show tremendous patience with all points of view.
im glad cuz my POV is NENY and tommac are dumbasses and should be kicked off the board!

December 12, 2009, 02:07:15 PM
Reply #13

CalvinCagefor3

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • Go Bulls Go
    • AOL Instant Messenger - McLouthManiacs13
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
If you are still upset about it, I'm sure they will offer you a full refund.

I don't care if it is a free board or not, this forum is suppose to be for all people who want to discuss UB sports, not just those who share the same view as the admins/mods. That is unless I misunderstood when I joined the board several years ago.

Listen, the board is a great thing, but I just hate to see topics certain people disagree with get wiped off the board before they can be discussed. You might not have seen many posts deleted, but they have been.

December 12, 2009, 04:44:33 PM
Reply #14

ukbro00

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
A lot is discussed, both good and bad on this board. When people start complaining and whining, it goes too far.
Winner of the 2011 UBFan NCAA Bracket Challenge

This site is READ ONLY