As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Spring Ball Begins:  (Read 21148 times)

March 23, 2010, 09:51:45 PM
Read 21148 times

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
Spring Ball Begins:
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
http://bull-run.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-practice-starts-prospectus-is.html

Davis gets the most looks, some of the vets are loving the offense...

This offense is gonna be fun to run. good first day of spring ball -- Peter Bittner via twitter
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

March 23, 2010, 10:51:30 PM
Reply #1

C-Squared

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Skaliveson7
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Spring Ball Begins:
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »
Very cool to hear a bit about practice, hopefully more will be trickling in as the spring practice season continues. I really hope Rivers improved a bit over the off season.. I will be very, very worried if he is a starter.

March 23, 2010, 11:07:20 PM
Reply #2

BCBull

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Very cool to hear a bit about practice, hopefully more will be trickling in as the spring practice season continues. I really hope Rivers improved a bit over the off season.. I will be very, very worried if he is a starter.

Ditto. I'm hoping it's just early and he's the vet, but Neutz was a far better HS player than Rivers in a better league, and Rivers hasn't exactly improved by leaps and bounds since his first game.
Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.

March 24, 2010, 08:42:40 AM
Reply #3

bullsinferno

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Tom drewes football career is over, bruno is gone as well (back to Canada i believe), and brennan has left the team i believe, dont know about the other two.

March 24, 2010, 12:22:23 PM
Reply #4

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
thanks for an amazing job. your articles are really promoting our football team more than you know.

looks like marcus rivers gets a clean slate. good for him, hope he turns into the player we were hoping for in the new system. i know i have also been down on him, but let's we as fans also give him a fresh start.

March 24, 2010, 02:43:09 PM
Reply #5

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
I bet your blog will start seeing some nice increases in traffic these next few weeks, good work.

I don't know football practice so maybe it's common place but I loved the part about players doing push ups while waiting in line.

March 24, 2010, 03:12:30 PM
Reply #6

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
I bet your blog will start seeing some nice increases in traffic these next few weeks, good work.

I don't know football practice so maybe it's common place but I loved the part about players doing push ups while waiting in line.

Not if CBS has anything to do with it ;)

http://bull-run.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-do-rodney-dangerfield-and-bull-run.html

I'm honored I have come far enough to be confused with McKissic...
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

"Is there a year

March 24, 2010, 03:55:39 PM
Reply #7

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »

I remember sometime back the players talking about how Gill took the team to another level of discipline (stair drills for poor performances in practice etc..) Seems like Quinn is doing the same....

"Is there a year

March 24, 2010, 05:24:40 PM
Reply #8

buffaloairman

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
great great job!!!! You helped get me through a verryyyyyyyy slow day at work lol.  your blog keeps getting better.  thanks for the coverage!

March 26, 2010, 09:09:31 PM
Reply #9

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:09:31 PM »
u da man BIE

March 27, 2010, 02:17:57 PM
Reply #10

verandaman

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »
Only four weeks to the Blue and White game.............football is in the air!
"The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle

March 27, 2010, 08:27:40 PM
Reply #11

Bullions

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »
i don't think this got posted, here's mckissic's take on first spring practice.

It's all about tempo at UB

---I've been watching the first UB football practice today and the thing I noticed immediately was how quickly the pace is. Everyone moves from station to station and there isn't much standing around. During one drill, the wide recievers standing in line waiting did push ups.

---The defense might be more aggressive next season. The DBs are jumping and crowding routes instead of keeping everything in front of them like they have in the past. Coach Jeff Quinn said they will run a multiple defense but their base will be a three-man front.

---As expected, sophomore Jerry Davis is working with the first team at QB. The first team WRs are juniors Marcus Rivers and Terrell Jackson and redshirt freshman Fred Lee.

---Sitting out this spring with injuries are redshirt freshman tight end Jake Reeder (knee), sophomore defensive end/linebacker Willie Moseley (knee) and senior tight end Kyle Brey (shoulder).

---Just received an e-mail from Roy Hamlin, the grandfather of former UB wide receiver Brett Hamlin who said Brett will workout for the Miami Dolphins on April 9.

Damn I can't wait for next season.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 30, 2010, 10:18:59 PM
Reply #12

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
First week of Spring Ball wraps up -

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/football/news/ftb03-30-2010-spring.shtml

BUFFALO, NY - The University at Buffalo football team wrapped up its first week of spring practice on Tuesday afternoon. Spirits were high and a sense of excitement permeated through the air at UB Stadium .

First year head coach Jeff Quinn is pleased with the effort of his team so far.

“I really like the way the kids are playing with great effort,” head coach Jeff Quinn said. “They’re enthusiastic and they’re excited about what we as coaches bring to the table.”

Coach Quinn and his staff are not only taking this time to install a new offensive and defensive game plan, but they also want to instill their philosophies to the team.

“We want to use this time to get our system installed, but more importantly to bring the team together,” Quinn said. “It allows these kids to understand how to practice against one another and how to challenge each other to competitive greatness. I want our kids to come out of spring knowing that the best offensive unit, the best defensive unit and the best special teams units are right here in Buffalo. So when they go and play, they’ve seen the best already every single day.”

One of the philosophies that Coach Quinn believes strongly in is “The Next Bull In.” He believes that every single player plays an important role on the team. That is one of the points Coach Quinn is trying in instill this spring.

“’The Next Bull In’ is very important to morale,” Quinn said. “Every single player in our program is important. No man is going to be left behind and every guy is important to our ability to be successful. If a guy goes down, the next man has to step in and play at that level.”

The coaching staff is taking this time to evaluate talent and although the first game is not until September, Coach Quinn believes that this is the time for players to step up and prove themselves.

“If you want to be a starter, prepare like a starter, compete like a starter, perform like a starter and then you become a starter,” Quinn said.

Spring camp has been full of hard hits; something you don’t see at every camp. But Quinn feels this is important to the development of a champion football team.

“Football is a game of violent collisions and we want our young men to understand that that’s how you play the game,” Quinn said. “In order for you to be a great hitter, a great blocker, a great tackler as well as being able to catch the ball when somebody is coming up to hit you, all those things that are important to being a great football team, you have to train them to do that. That’s why hitting is important in the game of football.”

Spring drills will continue into April before concluding at the annual Blue and White Scrimmage on April 24th at UB Stadium.

March 31, 2010, 11:43:44 AM
Reply #13

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
Inge brings change to UB's defense -

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/30/1004377/inge-brings-change-to-ubs-defense.html

William Inge tends to stick out at the University at Buffalo's spring football workouts. He's the one teaching and critiquing on almost every play. As the Bulls' new defensive coordinator it's his job to mold the players to his new system.

Inge faces one of the biggest challenges among the new coaching staff in trying to implement a new system. The Bulls are adjusting from a base 4-3 scheme to a multiple defense with a base 3-4 alignment.

......continued........

March 31, 2010, 04:42:12 PM
Reply #14

Shepherd4

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
stopped by practice yesterday for about 30 minutes. still tough to see how offense/defense looks because everything is just about being in the right place and no real hitting yet.

here are some quick points for those that need updates:
-The QB and WR timings are off right now, but that is expected. it will take all summer to get that down.
-Branden Oliver looks very quick with good moves.
-Fred Lee impressed me the most at WR. he has the ability to adjust his body while the ball is in the air to position himself for the catch and 'box out' the corner
-Terrell Jackson had a couple of nice catches but also had some not so nice drops but so did a lot of our WRs, too many drops
-defense was working through alot of alignments and assignments. didnt get to see anything too special with them
-our punters did not look good at all.
-coaches were all over the place. moving just as fast as the players. very vocal. they make sure the players know what they are suppose to do and if they do it right or wrong the players will hear about it.

practice looks to be run great. very quick pace, no delays, continuously switching back and forth between individual drills and team drills

This site is READ ONLY