As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Bulls on Parade- A new UB Tradition  (Read 12179 times)

August 20, 2010, 10:27:52 AM
Read 12179 times

Shepherd4

Bulls on Parade- A new UB Tradition
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
This is a new tradition that i am very excited about and have been pushing for the past 4 years. I hope this will get you all pumped up and you will be able to spread the word and help the tradition grow.

2 hours before every home game the team buses will arrive on campus from the Flint Rd Entrance and make a right onto Augspurger Rd. The buses will stop in between Flint Apartments and the Special Events Lot (True Blue Tailgating Lot) and will drop the players and coaches off. From that point the team will march down Augspurger Rd to the stadium led by the Thunder of the East marching band, dazzlers, and cheerleaders.

Augspurger Rd runs in between the tailgating lots of True Blue Lot, Baird A, Slee A and Stadium Lot and fans can line the road to cheer and high five the team as they head into the stadium. Augspurger Rd will be closed during this time so we hope that you will be able to make it there before this starts. It will surely be an exciting site to see each week

http://www.buffalo.edu/buildings/maps/NorthCampus.pdf

August 20, 2010, 11:49:44 AM
Reply #1

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Bulls on Parade- A new UB Tradition
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
I'll assume, at some point, "Bulls on Parade" will be playing somewhere.  Let's face it -- that's the song that fits.  Perhaps when the players get off the bus, that song can be playing.  Just a thought.  Then the band can pick up once everyone is off the bus.

Go Bulls.
The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

August 20, 2010, 12:17:37 PM
Reply #2

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »
This is a new tradition that i am very excited about and have been pushing for the past 4 years. I hope this will get you all pumped up and you will be able to spread the word and help the tradition grow.

2 hours before every home game the team buses will arrive on campus from the Flint Rd Entrance and make a right onto Augspurger Rd. The buses will stop in between Flint Apartments and the Special Events Lot (True Blue Tailgating Lot) and will drop the players and coaches off. From that point the team will march down Augspurger Rd to the stadium led by the Thunder of the East marching band, dazzlers, and cheerleaders.

Augspurger Rd runs in between the tailgating lots of True Blue Lot, Baird A, Slee A and Stadium Lot and fans can line the road to cheer and high five the team as they head into the stadium. Augspurger Rd will be closed during this time so we hope that you will be able to make it there before this starts. It will surely be an exciting site to see each week

Very, very cool...
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

August 20, 2010, 12:47:36 PM
Reply #3

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »

That is an awesome idea! That should definitely help get students, and all who are tailgating even more pumped for the game

August 20, 2010, 01:05:51 PM
Reply #4

Bullions

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
Love the idea. It's going to be so cool.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 20, 2010, 01:22:44 PM
Reply #5

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »
This is awesome, Shep. Good job. I hope it pans out the way you envisioned it.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

August 20, 2010, 01:34:55 PM
Reply #6

zibby

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
That's a long walk.

Are there even people in the Baird and Slee lots two hours before the game?

Getting out at the Coventry entrance and walking by the Stadium Lot seems like enough.

August 20, 2010, 03:06:53 PM
Reply #7

Dave S

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - squid4lyfe1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
I thought it was a bit lengthy as well, but I love the idea nonetheless.

August 20, 2010, 03:17:56 PM
Reply #8

jeff2vegas

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »
Stupid Question coming from an old fart like me...i am not an alum, just a lunch bucket guy who went out and got season tix!!
Had them for two seasons now...can we park in the TRUE BLUE lot ?  Hell, I have more UB stuff in my house than Bills stuff anymore !

August 20, 2010, 04:11:01 PM
Reply #9

Shepherd4

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »
I'll assume, at some point, "Bulls on Parade" will be playing somewhere.  Let's face it -- that's the song that fits.  Perhaps when the players get off the bus, that song can be playing.  Just a thought.  Then the band can pick up once everyone is off the bus.
definately a plan to play the song

That's a long walk.
Are there even people in the Baird and Slee lots two hours before the game
The walk was decided by Coach Quinn. he said they walked close to a mile to the stadium in UC. and yes there are people tailgating 2 hours before, this is buffalo.

Stupid Question coming from an old fart like me...i am not an alum, just a lunch bucket guy who went out and got season tix!!
you are more then welcome to park in the lot. and join in the excitement with everyone else. the more the better!

August 20, 2010, 04:30:48 PM
Reply #10

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »
This is not just a huge step for the fans, and it is just that...

It's also a huge step for visiting prospects to see a gameday experience being created at UB. Turner Gill made football better at UB, Jeff Quinn is make Saturdays better at UB!
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

August 20, 2010, 04:33:39 PM
Reply #11

Bullions

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
Hell, I have more UB stuff in my house than Bills stuff anymore !

I like!
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 20, 2010, 04:34:25 PM
Reply #12

kurtdahlberg93

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 04:34:25 PM »
If this team wins 10 games the walk will have a good turnout. If they only win 2 games, well it will be a long walk.  I'm pulling for 10.  

August 20, 2010, 04:36:38 PM
Reply #13

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »

Go Bulls.

Given how far they will be walking to the stadium the band could also play Springsteen's Long Walk Home.

August 20, 2010, 04:39:46 PM
Reply #14

Bullions

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »
If this team wins 10 games the walk will have a good turnout. If they only win 2 games, well it will be a long walk.  I'm pulling for 10.  

Unlike last year, I expectations are that high amongst the public. I think even 7 wins will be seen as a successful year, and in turn build lots of hype for 2011.

This site is READ ONLY