Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Wresting Program

Sportsfan

5 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

How would the evaluation go for the program under Stutzman after 7 years? 

Not much local marketing around the program, but seems to be competitive in the MAC, but not the success he had a Bloomberg.  

He has put together extraordinarily difficult OOC schedules, has gotten us into some very prestigious tournaments, etc. I think that makes use more competitive in the MAC the last several years. When you look at the recruits, they seem to be more highly decorated than in years past, time will tell if that translates to college success. He also has some young, highly successful college wrestlers on staff that will only help I believe.

The program is moving in the right direction, but wrestling is also a cult sport, so unless there is a huge local wrestling presence like at Penn St., some of the Midwest schools, etc. attendance can always be a challenge. I saw them here locally a couple of years back at George Mason, we won in the final match with the heavyweights in pretty dramatic fashion. I always tune in when I can to track their progress.

I'm also bias since I watched Stutzman wrestle when I was in college, so I root for the guy still. I think we are moving the right way.