Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women's Basketball vs Bowling Green, 1/25/2023

dj_paige

4 hours ago, bullsbball said:

I always feel bad when bench players get little to no playing time (especially if they transferred into the program).  I guess that's why I'm not a coach.

I understand the need for wins, but in this day of the "Transfer Portal", how much playing time does a bench player need to get before they decide the "grass is greener" elsewhere?

Why wasn't Perkins dressed?

I believe Perkins has some kind of injury. I understand the question about not playing time for other player on the UB team but that happens with every basketball team both women and men. In some spaces some teams do have deeper teams and play sometimes 7/8 players. Every  coach is going to play their best players  with the intent of winning the game. With UB’s reserves most of them are young and first year players and the little playing time they have had they have not shown any improvement to merit more playing time. The last UB game Coach Burke started Ogden instead of Salmons and she was totally lost on the defensive end getting beaten in the low post and she did make one 3 pointer but missed badly on her other attempts. Just a tough situation when Burke not only does not have a deep bench but the players she has have not become productive. With no frontcourt and down low presence the MAC teams continue to double our three best players and pack their defense inside to stop any drives to the basket. Game after game I have seen this play out in the 4th quarters where our games have been lost. The positives are this team never gives up and fights to the very end. Will continue to support this team and hope we can see some larger crowds in the future. Go Bulls!!!

3 hours ago, bullsbball said:
No Name Year Schools Position Minutes Points
1 Latrice Perkins 5th 2 Guard 276 58
2 Zakiyah Winfield 5th 2 Guard 587 238
3 Jazmine Young 5th 2 Guard 566 226
22 Kiara Johnson 5th 3 Forward 120 41
20 Re'Shawna Stone Gr. 2 Guard 577 237
11 Briyanna Baron Sr. 1 Guard 5 3
30 Olivia DeBortoli Sr. 1 Forward 1 0
35 Chellia Watson R-Jr. 3 Guard 0 0
10 Ronni Nwora R-So. 3 Forward 0 0
13 Emerita Mashaire So. 2 Guard/Forward 469 66
23 Kayla Salmons So. 2 Forward 266 75
4 Caelan Ellis Fr. 1 Guard 156 28
33 Hattie Ogden Fr. 1 Guard/Forward 177 30

Showing the roster tells it all. The depth and frontline problems were intensified when Watson was not given her transfer release and Nwora has not played or I don’t believe she is even on the bench because the last I heard she is out due to personal reasons.That is a big blow for our frontline depth.