Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB at Old Dominion 11/11 4:00pm

NC_UBfan

After a slow start and over coming a halftime deficit Coach BB got solid win over Canisius. The team will certainly have to clean up the fouls, rebounding and FTs if they want to compete w/Old Dominion.  Hearing how there was a issue w/depth last year that is not the case this year. This should be a very competitive game 

15 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

After a slow start and over coming a halftime deficit Coach BB got solid win over Canisius. The team will certainly have to clean up the fouls, rebounding and FTs if they want to compete w/Old Dominion.  Hearing how there was a issue w/depth last year that is not the case this year. This should be a very competitive game 

Should be a good game. On a sidenote, one our of previous recruits that was part of the Great Exodus, played her first game at Bowling Green, played 32 minutes, 20 points, 7-10 shooting (4-6 from 3), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and ran the point. She could be a major loss and 4-year thorn in our ass.

Edited by UBinMD

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Should be a good game. On a sidenote, one our of previous recruits that was part of the Great Exodus, played her first game at Bowling Green, played 32 minutes, 20 points, 7-10 shooting (4-6 from 3), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and ran the point. She could be a major loss and 4-year thorn in our ass.

Hopefully a teachable moment for our coaching staff as to what not to do. Just have to think “what if” for the next four years. 

55 minutes ago, rma said:

Hopefully a teachable moment for our coaching staff as to what not to do. Just have to think “what if” for the next four years. 

Well, we did have a freshmen of our own Lewis-Williams start and have a good game 16pt (6-13), 3reb, 3ast, 2stl, 1blk. Another Davis first off the bench put up 9pts(4-6) 5reb So I think it will be fun to see them match up in conference play

9 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Well, we did have a freshmen of our own Lewis-Williams start and have a good game 16pt (6-13), 3reb, 3ast, 2stl, 1blk. Another Davis first off the bench put up 9pts(4-6) 5reb So I think it will be fun to see them match up in conference play

No doubt our freshman asserted themselves well and you can see they are aggressive. It just sucks to lose a player of her caliber an ability that you have to play twice a year. At least the rest of the recruits are outside the MAC and we don't have to watch them annually.

14 minutes ago, Steve86 said:

For the rest of us, what is the teachable moment?

I think he is referring to having an entire signed recruiting class and then a few months later, have no recruiting class at all paired with loss of the entire assistant coaching staff and a general air of a toxic environment floating around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Good point. I forgot she's a freshman because she might have been the best player on the court vs Canisius. Paula Lopez (also a freshman) looked good defensively vs Daemen but didn't play much against Canisius.

ODU has a lot of size so Coach B has got to have the rebounding corrected. Back screens in the half court and transition defense was a lability at times, probably from a lack of communication I noticed watching the game.  I liked the offensive concepts w/Ogden and Watson to get open shots also the staggered screens to get Lewis-Williams down hill.  Some of the execution on pick n rolls was just off so was a few of the post entry passes.   If they can get Ogden and Johnson going early along with a repeat performances by Watson, Rana, Lewis-Williams and Davis we'll be in good shape.  

• Like 2

Took a tough loss had many opportunities to win. ODU out rebounded us 52/36… We turned the ball over 18 times and still was within one position in the last 2min before the fouling stretched out the lead. The offense was stagnant don’t understand why Watson did not start but it is what it is. The freshman Lewis-Williams had another good showing 11pts 6reb 2ast 1stl along w/Rama 13pts 7eeb but both  fouled out. I will say the officiating was horrendous almost 2:1 in favor of ODU 32/18. Our FT shoot was equally horrendous 63%. Also Watson was not in the starting lineup hope it was not injury related and Ogden was absent of the score sheet.  Again with all that going we still had chances to good chances of winning. Turn the page be ready for Niagara go bulls!