Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

QB/RB/WR Combos over the last decade +

Northerner.

UB has had some pretty solid offensive trios over the last 12 years. I'm not sure which I would pick as a favorite they all have had their strengths. Ite unfortunate we don't get to see what kind of production this team could have had with a full season this year.

Willy / Starks / Roosevelt 2008 

Licata / Oliver / Neutz 2013 

Licata / Taylor / Willoughby 2014

Jackson / Reed / Johnson 2017

Jackson / Patterson / Johnson 2018

Vantrese / Patterson / Nunn 2020

Any missing going further back?

2008 all had nice pro careers plus a SB ring, so hard to top that legacy. Plus the pressure of being the first to go through the dark years and come out on top.

I cant think of any great offences prior. Mark Taylor/Swan/Gasparre were decent in 1AA. Feedy with Haddad hung tough in the transition without much else  otherwise. If someone back in 2004 had told me they believed UB would one day have the #1 scoring offence in the nation I would have laughed in their face. We didn't have a single 1st Team All-MAC player until 2007.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

2008 all had nice pro careers plus a SB ring, so hard to top that legacy. Plus the pressure of being the first to go through the dark years and come out on top.

I cant think of any great offences prior. Mark Taylor/Swan/Gasparre were decent in 1AA. Freedy with Haddad hung tough in the transition without much else  otherwise. If someone back in 2004 had told me they believed UB would one day have the #1 scoring offence in the nation I would have laughed in their face. We didn't have a single 1st Team All-MAC player until 2007.

If I wasnt so laze. was going to list the highlights for each of the 3 for that year.

I guess my criteria for the trios I mentioned (not that there really is criteria) is that they have all had success in Div 1A

22 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Well if we are going decade+

Rodriguez Maier Price 1979

This thought process is what lead to this post...it's amazing how good we've become.  I wouldnt trade my years at school from 04-09 for anything (okay maybe for warmer weather) but I think being a student at UB over the last few years, and a college sports fan would be incredible.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:50 PM, RecoveringHillbilly said:

the first to go through the dark years and come out on top.

If someone back in 2004 had told me they believed UB would one day have the #1 scoring offence in the nation I would have laughed in their face. We didn't have a single 1st Team All-MAC player until 2007.

I do also wonder which of the trios/during that given year you'd pick as a favorite.

I'd probably go with the '18 trio. Jackson as polished as he would get. Patterson with 1K yards + 14 TD (and not mentioned because I have to go with a single player at RB, but Kevin Marks right behind with 845 yds/13TD) / AJ's 1K yds + 11TD's