Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 WBB Offseason Transfers/Movement

Posted by Jack Kreuzer (voice of UB WBB) earlier today. A few interesting developments:

Guards (8):

Chellia Watson

KLW

Sitota Gines

Paula Lopez

Noelani Cornfield (Transfer)

Terah Harness (Transfer)

Mallory Daly (Freshman)

Aniya Rowe (Freshman)

Posts (4):

Alexis Davis

Ariana Seawell (Transfer)

Jaylin Hartman (Transfer)

Bri Barr-Buday (Freshman)

That leaves 12 with 3 more scholarships available. Based upon this, Ida Jonsson Ojala and Chryssi Gouzelou are also gone from the roster. Neither are a real loss in the overall scheme and the current 12 seem to be an upgrade. Also, previous Freshman Thompson is no longer listed, so she either decommitted, was academically ineligible or something. This roster above is already posted on the UB Athletics Website.

Edited by UBinMD

Regular signing period starts tomorrow 4/17-5/15 Thompson has a NLI event planed so the site should be updated once the NLI is signed. That's probably the same reason for Makenna Shaffer not being updated on the site as well. If that plays out then we only have one available scholarship which would be the final  Becky BOOM...

13 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Regular signing period starts tomorrow 4/17-5/15 Thompson has a NLI event planed so the site should be updated once the NLI is signed. That's probably the same reason for Makenna Shaffer not being updated on the site as well. If that plays out then we only have one available scholarship which would be the final  Becky BOOM...

Alrighty then. I assumed she was no longer with us, but l guess she is! Would like one more big with the last scholarship, even if it’s just another big practice body 

I know it's way early but I expect a +3 game improvement in conference play and competing for conference title again.  I would suspect the OC schedule to be much more challenging then last years, honestly I hope its brutal to prep team for conference play. MAC wins are all that matter to me and sweeping Ball State

Nice feature articles on Lopez and KLW. I did not know Lopez was still on the Argentina U19 national team and will practice with the national team this summer. In the articles both players are committed to improving their game. KLW has to improve on her 12-18ft shooting.  Teams played off late in the season packing the lane with true post presence now that shot will be there. Lopez weakness was her 3pt% and being sped up, not establishing pace. I'm sure they will be fun to watch in the fall. 

https://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2024/04/kirsten-lewis-williams-ub-womens-basketball?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_featured

https://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2024/04/i-felt-like-this-had-to-be-my-place-paula-lopez-on-her-first-year-as-a-bull

• Like 2

Alyssa Latham (Syracuse) transfers to Tennessee. How does this relate to UB? Well:

Danny White is hired at UB, he hires Felisha Legette-Jack. Danny White leaves UB, (goes to UCF,) and is hired at Tennessee. Felisha Legette-Jack is hired at Syracuse and portals half our team to Syracuse over a year or so.

Mark Alnutt hires Becky Burke, who had a brief stop at D2 Charleston where they played Glenville State, coached by Kim Caldwell. Burke grabs two Glenville State players (Stone and Winfield) as transfers in her first season at UB. With Burke leaving USC Upstate, one of her players (Harness) transfers to Marshall.

The following year Caldwell is hired at Marshall.

Now we’re in this off-season and Danny White fires the Tennessee coach and hires Caldwell. Burke signs her old player (Harness), who just played for Caldwell at Marshall, from the portal. And now Caldwell signs FLJ’s star freshman (Latham) to Tennessee. 

The Circle has been completed. Everybody has taken somebody and has had somebody taken from them. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rma said:

Alyssa Latham (Syracuse) transfers to Tennessee. How does this relate to UB? Well:

Danny White is hired at UB, he hires Felisha Legette-Jack. Danny White leaves UB, (goes to UCF,) and is hired at Tennessee. Felisha Legette-Jack is hired at Syracuse and portals half our team to Syracuse over a year or so.

Mark Alnutt hires Becky Burke, who had a brief stop at D2 Charleston where they played Glenville State, coached by Kim Caldwell. Burke grabs two Glenville State players (Stone and Winfield) as transfers in her first season at UB. With Burke leaving USC Upstate, one of her players (Harness) transfers to Marshall.

The following year Caldwell is hired at Marshall.

Now we’re in this off-season and Danny White fires the Tennessee coach and hires Caldwell. Burke signs her old player (Harness), who just played for Caldwell at Marshall, from the portal. And now Caldwell signs FLJ’s star freshman (Latham) to Tennessee. 

The Circle has been completed. Everybody has taken somebody and has had somebody taken from them. 

Well done, it feels like we are all in one giant pool grabbing on to whatever we can to survive. I wonder how FLJ likes losing a star. Don’t believe it has really happened to her so far.

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Looks like Chanteese Craig has committed to Detroit Mercy. In her photo she looks slimmed down. We never really saw much from her, but I wish her well at her new home.

You are correct. She definately put on weight prior to arriving at UB.  While she was injured, she seemed to have lost alot.

Before and After:

Chanteese Craig - 2023-24 - Women's Basketball - University at Buffalo (ubbulls.com)
GL0FbwrWsAAgV71?format=jpg&name=medium