We have our first BOOM of the season

Losing:
Point Guard: Rana Elhusseini
Guard: Briyanna Baron
Guard: Katie Burton
Forward: Kiara Johnson
Center: Chanteese Craig (per WBBBlog)
Gaining:
Forward: Brianna Barr-Buday (Nichols, Buffalo, NY) Offers from Manhattan, Marist, Saint Joseph’s, La Salle, Canisius, Niagara. Originally recruited by FLJ
Point Guard: Mallory Daly (Pittsburgh, PA) seemingly no D1 offers despite scoring nearly 2k points in high school
Point Guard: Aniya Rowe (Rochester, NY) Offers from Manhattan, Canisius, Binghamton
Forward: Samairah Thompson (Columbus, OH) don't see anything for D1 offers

Possibly Losing (Have Not Seen At Games, Still on Roster):
Guard/Forward: Chryssi Gouzelou

Edited by rma

22 minutes ago, rma said:

We have our first BOOM of the season

Losing:
Point Guard: Rana Elhusseini
Guard: Briyanna Baron
Guard: Katie Burton
Forward: Kiara Johnson
Gaining:
Forward: Brianna Barr-Buday (Nichols, Buffalo, NY) Offers from Manhattan, Marist, Saint Joseph’s, La Salle, Canisius, Niagara. Originally recruited by FLJ
Point Guard: Mallory Daly (Pittsburgh, PA) seemingly no D1 offers despite scoring nearly 2k points in high school
Point Guard: Aniya Rowe (Rochester, NY) Offers from Manhattan, Canisius, Binghamton
Forward: Samairah Thompson (Columbus, OH) don't see anything for D1 offers

Possibly Losing (Have Not Seen At Games, Still on Roster):
Guard/Forward: Chryssi Gouzelou

Should be a really solid team if they can pull it together. The only loss is really Rana. KJ was an inspirational leader and solid in the locker room, but I think we can improve what she provided on the court.

i give her huge props playing as a mom, getting her degree and coming back from an Achilles. She could have easily packed it up anywhere along the way, but she didn’t.

i wouldn’t mind either her or Rana as GAs to stay around the team.

• Like 1

Lani Cornfield from Lake Shore HS and member of the Seneca nation is transferring to UB from Southern Mississippi. She will be a Senior. 25.2 mpg. 8.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 91 assists, 54 steals. Shot 41.1% FG and 39.6% 3-Pt (best on the team). Tenacious defender. Sounds like a solid add. She is 5'6 and listed as a guard.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, rma said:

Losing:

No big surprise there. Came into the season way overweight. Played some with a big leg brace on. Then I assume she was injured sitting on the end of the bench (slimmed down). She didn't look too interested in the game as well. Then, just disappeared from the bench around January.

Played in only 5 games, went 3-11 and only scored the 3 times in the Drexel game. 0-7 in the other 4 games.

She should have been better prepared for the season.

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Lani Cornfield from Lake Shore HS and member of the Seneca nation is transferring to UB from Southern Mississippi. She will be a Senior. 25.2 mpg. 8.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 91 assists, 54 steals. Shot 41.1% FG and 39.6% 3-Pt (best on the team). Tenacious defender. Sounds like a solid add. She is 5'6 and listed as a guard.

She had a HUGE crowd cheering for her in the SBC-MAC game at alumni arena this year. Usually when we play a team that has a local they’ll bring a handful of family members. She brought a whole section. 

Joins Josh Mballa as a player to play us one season then join us for the next. 

59 minutes ago, rma said:

She had a HUGE crowd cheering for her in the SBC-MAC game at alumni arena this year. Usually when we play a team that has a local they’ll bring a handful of family members. She brought a whole section. 

Her addition could bode well for WBB’s home attendance next season.  That and Watson vying for leading scorer in the nation and the Bulls legitimate contenders for a MAC championship. 

18 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Her addition could bode well for WBB’s home attendance next season.  That and Watson vying for leading scorer in the nation and the Bulls legitimate contenders for a MAC championship. 

BB and staff have done well. Fun style of play and bringing in a couple local players as well.

Looking for the team to bring in at least 2 athletic 6”2+ posts from the portal that can rebound, defend and sprint out in transition. 
Rebounding was the glaring problem that good teams exposed which was largely due to the lack of size. Watching Rana box out and get called for the foul in the  Kent game was it for me. I hope no one goes in the portal🤞🤘

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Looking for the team to bring in at least 2 athletic 6”2+ posts from the portal that can rebound, defend and sprint out in transition. 
Rebounding was the glaring problem that good teams exposed which was largely due to the lack of size. Watching Rana box out and get called for the foul in the  Kent game was it for me. I hope no one goes in the portal🤞🤘

I wouldn't mind another PG option with good handles and passing ability. I think we have enough scoring, but in addition to our rebounding issues, the press was not our friend. I think Lopez will do well, but we need some assistance as well.

25 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

All the players coach FLJ stole from us are coming back??

No, but it will be interesting to see what Syracuse looks like without Fair. I know FLJ has brought in some players, but their first round of the NCAA would have been a loss, except Fair outscored the opponent 13-3 by herself to end the game. They made it exactly as far as they likely would have had they all stayed in the MAC.

19 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

No, but it will be interesting to see what Syracuse looks like without Fair. I know FLJ has brought in some players, but their first round of the NCAA would have been a loss, except Fair outscored the opponent 13-3 by herself to end the game. They made it exactly as far as they likely would have had they all stayed in the MAC.

Pretty sad, you do great things at a mid major and nobody seems to care, do the same thing in the ACC and you’re ranked. Same team, same coach, same results, way different publicity. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Another Boom for BB! She says Bulls fans are going to LOVE this one! Can’t wait!

I’m curious, this could mean 2 things to me, it’s either someone with close ties to Buffalo or a really really great recruit

1 minute ago, Blue03 said:

I’m curious, this could mean 2 things to me, it’s either someone with close ties to Buffalo or a really really great recruit

I will likely be happy either way. I was thinking more close Buffalo ties, but I'm assuming also high level of talent. I'm not familiar enough with what is out there, but the one that immediately came to mind was Amari DeBerry from Williamsville, currently at UConn. She's 6'6" and would be a major difference maker in the MAC. 

4 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Pretty sad, you do great things at a mid major and nobody seems to care, do the same thing in the ACC and you’re ranked. Same team, same coach, same results, way different publicity. 

Yep! All perception of what is great. Coach wins ACC Coach of the Year, Fair gets some accolades, but the core is essentially the same (Fair & Wooley still 1-2 punch). They are a year more mature, so yes they are improved, which they would have at UB. I would have expected a Sweet 16 at least, but maybe I had too high of expectations. If you can get to a Sweet 16 at UB, you should certainly be able to do it at Syracuse with a Top 10 player.

10 hours ago, UBinMD said:

but the one that immediately came to mind was Amari DeBerry from Williamsville, currently at UConn. She's 6'6" and would be a major difference maker in the MAC. 

Was hoping the same thing but it doesn’t look like she’s in the portal. And I don’t think we have her major, unless she has her degree already. 

29 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Here is the boom.

That was the first boom from a few days ago. There is a second boom coming. Really happy to have Lani coming in though. Will stabilize the PG position and she is relentless on D.

• Like 1

Here is the BOOM!! UB signs 6'2 W Jaylin Hartman FR from GW. Much needed length, athleticism and has 3yrs of eligibility. Not sure of the remaining available scholarships  but I hope they can bringing in at least one more portal  6'2+ defender/rim runner for added depth. The incoming freshmen class looks talented, Brianna Barr-Budday 6'2" local phenom, Aniya Rowe  5'9 McDonalds all American nominee and Mallory Daly 5'8" 2k point scored, if the existing freshmen take the next step over the summer same w/ Ogden and Watson I'm booking my trip to Cleveland early🤣🤘 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5FDcTzgpsH/

image.png.af097898d3c674911e3475bf41619a24.png

Edited by NC_UBfan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Here is the BOOM!! UB signs 6'2 W Jaylin Hartman FR from GW. Much needed length, athleticism and has 3yrs of eligibility. Not sure of the remaining available scholarships  but I hope they can bringing in at least one more portal  6'2+ defender/rim runner for added depth. The incoming freshmen class looks talented, Brianna Barr-Budday 6'2" local phenom, Aniya Rowe  5'9 McDonalds all American nominee and Mallory Daly 5'8" 2k point scored, if the existing freshmen take the next step over the summer same w/ Ogden and Watson I'm booking my trip to Cleveland early🤣🤘 

I’m never the best at researching the recruits, but was the #42 prospect out of high school (found on GW website).  

1 hour ago, NC_UBfan said:

She's from Blair Academy too, that's usually a powerhouse school.

59 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

I’m never the best at researching the recruits, but was the #42 prospect out of high school (found on GW website).  

Looks like she got lost on the bench at GW. I'm guessing she will get plenty of PT next year. Will be good to have some size and rebounding acumen.