Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB/W.Michigan women’s game

John

A tough loss for UB. The second game in a row where it looks like we ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. We made only one shot in the quarter that probably will result in a loss in most games. With such a short bench and no backups that can come in and make a difference it looks like it will be a struggle the rest of the year. The effort by the entire team and coaches is to be commended. With really no 3 point threat and making on average 3 per game all these MAC teams know now to front/double team our three main players and challenge them when driving to the basket. It will be interesting to see if any adjustments can be made and is still exciting to watch Stone, Winfield and Young who do have very good athletic ability. Will see how they fare against Bowling Green on Wednesday. Go Bulls!!!

It does look like the large number of minutes played by most regulars seems to have a negative impact in the last two games ... but I don't know what choice HCBB has at this time. I note that playing huge number of minutes didn't really seem to bother Dyaisha Fair or Georgia Woolley last year.

Playing such a short (in height) lineup also has the negative effect that opposing teams interior players have an easy time in the paint, and Buffalo gets out-rebounded badly. Makes me continue to wonder why Kayla Salmons doesn't get more playing time — is there an injury we don't know about, or is she somehow in the coach's dog-house? Salmons didn't make an appearance in this game. Her replacement in the lineup, Latrice Perkins, had her best game of the season against Ball State, but against WMU Perkins was unproductive and had just 2 points and 3 rebounds in 31 minutes before fouling out

It looks like the season depends on how well Winfield, Stone and Young play, as it doesn't look like we will be getting a lot of contribution from anyone else.

Edited by dj_paige

2 hours ago, dj_paige said:

It does look like the large number of minutes played by most regulars seems to have a negative impact in the last two games ... but I don't know what choice HCBB has at this time. I note that playing huge number of minutes didn't really seem to bother Dyaisha Fair or Georgia Woolley last year.

Playing such a short (in height) lineup also has the negative effect that opposing teams interior players have an easy time in the paint, and Buffalo gets out-rebounded badly. Makes me continue to wonder why Kayla Salmons doesn't get more playing time — is there an injury we don't know about, or is she somehow in the coach's dog-house? Salmons didn't make an appearance in this game. Her replacement in the lineup, Latrice Perkins, had her best game of the season against Ball State, but against WMU Perkins was unproductive and had just 2 points and 3 rebounds in 31 minutes before fouling out

It looks like the season depends on how well Winfield, Stone and Young play, as it doesn't look like we will be getting a lot of contribution from anyone else.

Not sure what happened to Salmons injury or doghouse?? Just like the men in some regards both teams have some very good players but neither team looks like they can stack up against the better teams like Kent State, Akron and Toledo just to name a few. Those teams seem to have better players. And have more experience and deeper teams. If both teams can stay around 500 that might be all we will see this year. Again hope we will see some competitive games and both teams get some more fan support.