Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB vs Daemen (2:00pm - 10/28)

UBinMD

1 hour ago, Blue03 said:

Is this exhibition ticketed/parking limited? Just want to know if I’ll have to park elsewhere

Usually don't need a parking pass for a women's events unless it is part of a doubleheader. So, all lots should be open. First come, first serve.

Usually general admission for women's games but it looks like it's free today (since I didn't get a ticket).

2 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Lots of Fouls and TOs in the first half. Wonder if they had any scrimmages prior to this exhibition game

Very sloppy with the ball. Those issues aside, even with the ball comfortably in possession they’re dropping it and turning it over. We shouldn’t be losing the ball while we’re holding it. 

Wish I could have been there to watch the game but the announcer did a great job. The team cleaned up the TOs after half time. The two freshmen Kirsten Lewis-Williams and Alexis Davis were efficient from the field. Kirsten scoring all her PTs in the second half after sitting the entire first half w/2 fouls in the first 4min of the game.   Poor FTs and the 3PT shooting... well lets chalk that up to a off day. Chellia is dynamic as advertised. Looking forward to actually watching them play.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Wish I could have been there to watch the game but the announcer did a great job. The team cleaned up the TOs after half time. The two freshmen Kirsten Lewis-Williams and Alexis Davis were efficient from the field. Kirsten scoring all her PTs in the second half after sitting the entire first half w/2 fouls in the first 4min of the game.   Poor FTs and the 3PT shooting... well lets chalk that up to a off day. Chellia is dynamic as advertised. Looking forward to actually watching them play.   

Was at both men and women’s games and a few observations. Does really look like a total work in progress for both teams. Following both coaching staffs, there seemed to be much more enthusiasm and attitude on the women’s side. I thought the entire men’s staff was very laid back and not much attitude from the bench. The women look to have a few players with some quickness and athletic ability but both their point guards were very sloppy and loose with the ball. Disappointed with the play of Smith on the men’s side and Ogden on the women’s side who had a bad shooting game similar to last year. Again only one game and now the real games begin and am looking forward to improvement and with both coaching staffs figuring out their top 7/8 players. Go Bulls!!!

57 minutes ago, John said:

Was at both men and women’s games and a few observations. Does really look like a total work in progress for both teams. Following both coaching staffs, there seemed to be much more enthusiasm and attitude on the women’s side. I thought the entire men’s staff was very laid back and not much attitude from the bench. The women look to have a few players with some quickness and athletic ability but both their point guards were very sloppy and loose with the ball. Disappointed with the play of Smith on the men’s side and Ogden on the women’s side who had a bad shooting game similar to last year. Again only one game and now the real games begin and am looking forward to improvement and with both coaching staffs figuring out their top 7/8 players. Go Bulls!!!

Ogden didn’t have a great shooting day, but 6 rebounds and 6 assists is solid. Always find a way to contribute.

A little late but here are my comments:

• Nice to see 15 girls on the bench. Unlike last year when there was only 7 to 8 by the end of the season.
  • The girls seemed to have a lot of energy in the pregame warmups/activities, but they died down quickly when the game started. Not sure I agree with counting up in pregame every made basket until a miss is made.
  • This team needs to find somebody that can shoot the 3. With only Ogden, Watson and Lopez shooting them. 1-14 isn't good.
  • I'm impressed with Watson. I like her drive to the basket. Reminds me of Cierra Dillard.
  • What's with Watson's lane violations TWICE while shooting a FT?. I assume her toes were over the line.
  • Lewis-Williams got into early foul trouble (2 fouls in the first 3 minutes) and sat out the rest of the first half. I thought I heard the official say, "Two hands on the opponent is an automatic foul" after both her early fouls. When she came in for the second half, she also did a good job driving to the basket. Watson and Lewis-Williams will make a good pair of shooting guards.
  • Ojala needs more meat on her bones. She tries to play physical and fouls out after only 7 minutes.  Looked like Coach was only trying to use her on defense.
  • On the other hand, Johnson could drop some pounds. She's going to have problems when the game is quicker.
  • I liked how UB worked in the inside game at the start of the second half. Looked like designed plays. They did it a little less in the 4th quarter.
  • I had my eye on Craig on the bench. She had a big knee brace on but had her playing shorts on as well. She's really going to need to get into better conditioning if she expects to get any minutes.
  • At the start of the game, Elhusseini (as point guard) seemed to turn the ball over a lot. Not protecting the ball and had several steals against her. 
  • The team needs to be better at FT. 15-26 isn't good.
  • Why no player stats on the end-line scroreboards? Also missing a timekeeper at the scoring table. Related or just technical difficulties which they've had before?
  • I really liked the Thunder of the East dressing in costume for Halloween. I especially like the guy dressed as the conductor. Or the student conductor dressed in as inflatability pig (?). Was that the Teletubbies in the back row?
Edited by bullsbball

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Ogden didn’t have a great shooting day, but 6 rebounds and 6 assists is solid. Always find a way to contribute.

I do agree but I do think she has to be better offensively for the team to have success as I was only talking about her offense being off and I do agree with her size she needs to contribute as you mentioned with rebounds and assists. Disappointing to see Johnson not in better shape and there are a couple of other players that could get more playing time. Again these are the hard choices for a coaching staff not to just give Johnson playing time because she has been here for a couple years. It will be interesting to see how this team will look after a few more games. Wonder what the crowd will look like for the doubleheader next Monday. Our family will be there in section 114 to support our teams. Go Bulls!!