Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

KenPom rankings and comparison.

KenPom currently has UB MBB at 345, NET at 343. Absolutely horrendous. 

Coach Hodgson and Arkansas State is almost +150 from last season’s final rankings to where they currently sit. Is that a reasonable expectation for next season?

The team will need an almost a complete makeover. I anticipate some roster turnover as a result of transfers too. Share your thoughts. 

Edited by Chet

37 minutes ago, Chet said:

Coach Hodgson and Arkansas State is almost +150 from last season’s final rankings to where they currently sit. Is that a reasonable expectation for next season?

The team will need an almost a complete makeover. I anticipate some roster turnover as a result of transfers too. Share your thoughts. 

Graduation: Chapman

Transfers: Prediction Boldin

But we need about 7 that can play at a high level. Sabol is fine but we need at least $200-300k in NIL or there  is no purpose to overturn the roster.

Edited by TheCommish

14 hours ago, Chet said:

And there's only 362 schools in D1 basketball. UB has gone from being ranked 22nd in KenPom to 343rd in a period of five years. I know both of those seasons are extreme outliers but that's outrageous no matter how you look at it.

I still think UB is a good mid-major basketball program with a lot of potential moving forward. I'm throwing this season in the garbage and praying for a complete rebuild focused on experienced transfers and JUCO's. The days of building through high school recruits are over. You still need to target a few each season but you can't project 2 years down the line anymore.

44 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

And there's only 362 schools in D1 basketball. UB has gone from being ranked 22nd in KenPom to 343rd in a period of five years. I know both of those seasons are extreme outliers but that's outrageous no matter how you look at it.

I still think UB is a good mid-major basketball program with a lot of potential moving forward. I'm throwing this season in the garbage and praying for a complete rebuild focused on experienced transfers and JUCO's. The days of building through high school recruits are over. You still need to target a few each season but you can't project 2 years down the line anymore.

100% accurate unfortunately. The CJ Massinburg's and Freeman's of the MAC are a thing of the past. You don't have time to build and if you do happen to build, they will get poached. Need to get JUCOs and people that have PT under their belt and you just go year to year. I don't think I would want to be a coach in this environment to be honest. Let's hope for the best this offseason.

• Like 1