Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ben Michaels

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

It's sad but time. The staff had to rebuild an entire roster from top to bottom and without nil doing that in one off season is near impossible 

I see a team that can last being built rather than a group of guys at a gym playing pick up coming together. Which is what we saw ever since oats left

Realistically the first recruiting class GH3 had provided a base - very useful players on a good Mac team but not likely the main pieces. High floor low ceiling type of players. His second class on paper looks to be higher potential a lot more size length and athleticism again continuing the build a base of a team. Hopefully hit on a main piece

His third class will be very telling because that's when you absolutely have to bring in legit talent to supplement the base or to put your team over the top

THIS***** exactly what I’m thinking!!! Players like Sabol, Boldin and Wilson, even though under recruited showed that they can improve and play in the MAC. Our young players will only get better 

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

I don’t see what other option we fans have but to be patient under the current state of affairs.  Unless there’s some miraculous influx of cash from donors or a major change in philosophy from the University from an athletics funding standpoint, best we can hope for are competitive teams with coaches that are building their resumes and are gone after 3-4 years if they’re lucky.  The days of coaches sticking around for 10+ years with one program are gone, unless they’re the types that are churning out mediocre teams or like in Toledo’s case with MBB, very good regular season teams who can’t win when it really counts.

Personally I’m going to enjoy the ride with WBB as long as BB is around, continue to look forward to Coach Lembo’s first season this fall, and hope that GH3 and staff are smarter than we think and start turning it around.  Go Bulls! 🤘

I'm with you on all counts, let's hope for the best!

• 3 weeks later...