Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Merry Christmas! UB shining in national spotlight!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here on UB Fan! It's been a season full of gifts for Bulls fans across the country. 

Big 4 Update: Buffalo shines in national spotlight

In this week's Big 4 Update, I write about how Buffalo took advantage of their opportunity in the national spotlight, why their win over Syracuse was important to the program moving forward and where I expect them to land in the polls following their loss to Marquette.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Nice recap.  With UB's success this year (both men's and women's + football) I haven't paid too much attention to the rest of the Big 4 this year.  Pretty disappointing to see the other schools struggle this season after such good records last year.

If UB stays in the top 25 multiple years, we can build a good college basketball culture in Buffalo.  But this is unrealistic - the rest of the Big 4 needs to be at least around the NIT level.  There's no reason why any Big 4 team should not sell out most home games given the population of the Buffalo metro area and talent of UB/SBU.

12 minutes ago, rma said:

Nice recap.  With UB's success this year (both men's and women's + football) I haven't paid too much attention to the rest of the Big 4 this year.  Pretty disappointing to see the other schools struggle this season after such good records last year.

If UB stays in the top 25 multiple years, we can build a good college basketball culture in Buffalo.  But this is unrealistic - the rest of the Big 4 needs to be at least around the NIT level.  There's no reason why any Big 4 team should not sell out most home games given the population of the Buffalo metro area and talent of UB/SBU.

Also agree. The rest of the Big 4 are on a downward slide. The Canisius, Niagara and Bona women are really bad with no big time players or impact players. The men’s teams also show what happens when they lose their big time players and can’t hit on enough impact players to have continued success. UB next year will be very interesting when they lose their big time impact players. Are the players Nate has coming in going to be able to continue the success??Nate’s track record shows that it will hopefully continue. Go Bulls!!!!

On 12/24/2018 at 9:15 PM, rma said:

It's telling when the women's game to sweep the Big 4 is over at tip off.

Hope this Is the start for better shooting and especially starting the first quarter with energy and passion. Autumn Jones did not play at all. Is she injured or in the doghouse?? UB will need a total team effort against Ohio who is 10-0 and looks like they did a few years back. Go Bulls!!!!!